PAPIs is the premier forum for the presentation of new machine learning APIs, techniques, architectures and tools to build intelligent applications. It also hosts the world’s 1st startup competition where the jury is an AI.
After first editions in Barcelona and Sydney, PAPIs is making its US debut and the conference’s 3rd edition will take place this Fall at the Microsoft NERD Center in Boston. It’s your chance to meet leaders in applied ML and AI from around the world, who’ll discuss new developments, opportunities and challenges in building real-world predictive applications and APIs.
Invited speakers include:
- Claudia Perlich, Chief Scientist at Dstillery
- Cynthia Rudin, Associate Professor at Duke and MIT
- Yves-Alexandre de Montjoye, Research Scientist at Imperial College London and MIT Media Lab
PAPIs features business & technical presentations for all levels of experience, with cutting-edge and unique talks contributed by Uber, Salesforce, Nervana/Intel, Dataiku, Open Data Group, Datacratic, Metis, DataRobot, BigML, and many others! Topics include Deep Learning, Machine Learning as a Service, AutoML, Spark, Healthcare, IoT, Predictive Maintenance, Marketing and… Elections, with a talk on emotion analysis that allowed Heartbeat AI to predict this year’s Australian elections with unprecedented accuracy — we’ll see how that can translate to the US elections.
The program features practical talks and tutorials that will teach you how to use modern tools and APIs to solve real-world problems, and how to create tomorrow's intelligent applications. Find out more...
AI Startup Battle
PAPIs hosts the world's 1st startup competition where the jury is an AI (powered by Preseries andTelefonica Open Future). AI has a track-record of improving the way we make decisions. So why not use it to decide which startups to invest in, and take advantage of all the startup data that’s available?
The AI Startup Battle is a unique experience where:
- You’ll discover disruptive innovation from the best startups in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- For the first time in history, the winner will be chosen by an impartial AI that questions startups on stage LIVE and evaluates their chances of success in real-time!
Get up to speed with some of the main topics of the conference with one of our 2 training programs on October 10. Our experienced instructors will be teaching in classrooms of up to 20 persons:
- Operational Machine Learning with Open Source & Cloud Platforms: Learn about the possibilities of ML, how to create predictive models from data, operationalize and evaluate them.
- Predictive analytics at scale — hands-on with Apache Spark: Learn the basics of Spark, including its core API, DataFrames, data processing and cluster deployment.
- Experience with the command line and in Python programming (Scala a plus for training program #2)
- Attendees are expected to bring their own laptops for the hands-on practical work, which makes up most of the program
- Basic knowledge of calculus, linear algebra, and probability theory can be helpful for some of the theoretical modules
See event website for more information
Practical information / FAQ
When should I arrive?
Doors open at 8.15am and talks start at 9am, but we recommend that you arrive as early as possible in order to have enough time to get your badge at the registration desk and to find a seat in the conference room. Coffee, tea and refreshments will be provided.
What is the conference schedule?
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and the email address you used to register, and with the full name, email address, company name, and title of the person to whom you are transferring.
Your contact information is not shared with third parties without your consent. It is primarily used to verify registration and to send you important information about the event. We may share your contact information with sponsors but only with your consent upon registering.
What is the Refund Policy?
Cancellations within 30 days of the event are non-refundable, but your ticket can be transferred to someone else (see above).
Visit the event website for more information.