Using video to teach can promote self-paced mastery learning for your students and reduce the number of times you have to cover the same content. Panopto provides instructors with both a video hosting and streaming service and a platform to record and upload lecture capture videos from your computer. Panopto also integrates directly into Blackboard, so your videos are as private and secure as your other course content. This workshop is designed to help instructors better understand how to use the handiest tools and master the most common workflows in Panopto.
By the end of this workshop, instructors will be able to:
- Navigate to Panopto’s web interface and upload video for streaming on the web;
- Download and use the Panopto Focus Recorder to record and upload video and screen casts;
- Integrate Panopto videos into your Blackboard course;
- Understand best practices for creating video for students;
- Learn about additional support resources for Panopto.
Please note that after registration, you will recieve a confimration email containing a link to an anonymous pre-workshop survey, which helps us tailor each workshop to the needs and skill-levels of the attendees. Please look for the link when you get your confirmation.
Can’t make a workshop? Need help with educational technology not covered in a workshop? Would you like a technology consultant to review the details of your course with you? Consultants in the Educational Technology Center are available to meet with you 8:30 – 5:00, Monday – Friday, or outside working hours by appointment. Please fill out this form to request a meeting with a technology consultant.