Actions and Detail Panel
PALS: 2-day course August 4 & 5
Fri, Aug 4, 2017, 9:00 AM – Sat, Aug 5, 2017, 5:00 PM MDT
This is a course designed for the initial PALS certification or for those who do not routinely utilize the PALS process and need a strong refresher course at time of renewal. Those who utilize PALS often may renew utilizing the ALC process.
This is a 2 day class that is from 9am-5pm each day. There is pre-work that is due when you arrive to class. Please make sure you get a book and directions on completing the Pre-work from the education department.
PALS PRECOURSE PREP CHECKLIST
1. Complete a BLS for Healthcare Providers course or be able to perform high-quality CPR and use an AED according to the AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC.
2. Understand the cases in the PALS Provider Manual.
3. Understand the PALS algorithms for the cases in the PALS Provider Manual.
4. Complete the PALS Pre-course Self-Assessment on PALS ECGs and Pharmacology on the PALS Student Website. www.heart.org/eccstudent code is pals15
5. Print out the pretest and bring to class. If pre-course work is not done, the instructor will not allow you to participate in the class.
Attendance: This is considered a scheduled work day; if you do not attend and did not cancel within 24 hours of the start date, it is considered an unexcused absence.