The Pacifica Experience: A One-Day Introduction to Pacifica's Degree Programs has been designed to give prospective graduate students a comprehensive introduction and orientation to the distinctive educational features of the school. The day provides an excellent opportunity to:
- Experience Pacifica's unique interdisciplinary graduate degree programs through faculty-led, program-specific information meetings and presentations
- Hear from Pacifica students and alumni about their experience and what they are doing with their degrees
- Explore the grounds of Pacifica's two campuses—the Lambert Road Campus and the Ladera Lane Campus
- Learn more about admissions procedures and financial aid
- The $35 registration fee includes all of the day’s activities, lunch, and a Pacifica Bookstore $10 Gift Certificate. Pacifica’s $75 application fee will be waived for attendees.
Space is limited and advance registration is required.
LOCATION: The Ladera Lane Campus, 801 Ladera Lane, Santa Barbara, CA 93108 is a 35-acre educational and retreat center nestled in the coastal foothills. The campus has dining facilities. Parking is open.
MEALS: Lunch on the day of the Introduction is provided to encourage ongoing dialogue and community exchange throughout the day. Pacifica's caterers make every attempt to provide healthful meals for our guests and include organic ingredients whenever possible.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Guests wishing to stay overnight at the Ladera Campus on Friday, January 20th or Saturday, January 21st can purchase accommodations at the bottom of the order form. The standard room rate is $97.90 per night.
EXTRA MEALS: Extra meals for guests staying overnight can be purchased at the bottom of the order form.
GUESTS: You may purchase extra tickets for guests at the bottom of the order form.
TRAVEL: Major airlines provide service into the Los Angeles International Airport located 90 miles south of Santa Barbara and into the Santa Barbara Municipal Airport, approximately 18 miles north of the Campus. Please refer to our guest services page that contains helpful information regarding transportation.
DISABILITY SERVICES ON CAMPUS: It is the policy of Pacifica’s Public Programs Department to accommodate attendees with disabilities in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. Please let us know in advance if you have special needs or require assistance due to a disabling condition while you are attending a public program. If you are accompanied by a service dog, please contact Disability Services directly (805.679.6125), as all animals visiting campus must have pre-approval. For additional information regarding Pacifica’s policies, visit Pacifica's Disability Services web page.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Open parking on campus for this event.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please contact the Office of Admissions at 805.879.7305.