Learn the skills to be a Production Assistant on feature film and commercial productions in an immersive 1 day training program. Through hands on sessions attendees gain the knowledge to be a successful PA ready to work on set.
PA Training is Covered in 3 Group Sessions:
- Set Etiquette: PA Responsibilities and Protocol
- Safety Training: Set and Equipment Safety Practices
- Career Paths: Resumes, Job Search, and Networking
The workshop is a unique opportunity for PA’s starting out in the industry, as well those already in the field, to hone their skill set, gain career insights, and make connections. There will be plenty of time for hands on demonstrations, to ask questions, and receive feedback.
PA's will learn from and network with the best in the business. Mentors include working Producers, Directors, Assistant Directors, Production Managers, Lighting Directors, Safety Training Specialists, and experienced PA's.
- Breakfast and Lunch are provided.
- Space is limited! Early registration is recommended.
We anticipate the workshop will sell out.
- Dress Code: Attendees should dress appropriate for production set work.
- Recent college graduates and current students are encouraged to attend.
- Attendees receive a take home package that includes: sample call sheets, crew charts, petty cash forms, sample resumes, and more.
Just some of the skills covered include:
- tools used by PA’s
- lock ups
- setting pop up tents
- using walkies
- operating a lift gate
- handling petty cash
- vehicle loading
- using ratchet straps
- working around motion picture gear and large equipment
- understanding crew departments
- working on union and non-union sets
- working with talent
- job rates
- career paths