San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Capturing the perfect vocal sound can be a challenging endeavor with many elements involved. The microphone, the pre-amplifier, headphone monitoring, recording room, and acoustic materials all play an important role in achieving the desired sound that you’re aiming for in your projects. Join me in discovering how to implement creative strategies for recording voice that will help you create the sound you envision by deepening your understanding of different microphones, recording techniques, gain structure and signal processing.
Expand your creativity and work-flow by learning key techniques and strategies to recording voice while optimizing gain structure for pristine capture levels. Become inspired to work creatively with new technologies that allow for extremely high quality recordings with work-flow efficiencies. This class serves as an introduction to Recording Techniques and sets the foundation for a series of classes that delve deep into the area of recording audio.
Some of the key topics include:
- Learn how to optimize voice recordings with different miking techniques.
- Understand how to achieve good gain structure by optimizing pre-amp gain and adding light compression.
- Learn how to creatively record voice with multiple microphones.
- Learn how to edit voice takes together and create seamless transitions.
- Develop an understanding for signal routing and processing voice recordings.
Instructor: Ryan Kleeman
Date: Saturday, May 23, 2015
Time: 12- 4 PM
Location: Overlap Studio, Oakland, CA (Fruitvale area address shared upon registration)
Seats Available: 7
When & Where
Connecting Community and Creativity