Overlap Education - Acoustics and Home Studio Treatment
Sunday, June 21, 2015 from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Accurate monitoring of sound can be a daunting task in a home studio. Keeping it at low volumes can solve some problems, but that’s not fun or realistic. Controlling the acoustics of sound in enclosed spaces can be an expensive endeavor, but some cost-effective measures can provide huge results. Deepen your understanding of propagating energy by learning about absorption rates of different materials and diffusion techniques. By implementing creative strategies to controlling the sound acoustics within your home studio, you’ll experience sound on a whole new level.
Become inspired to work creatively with sound by applying a deeper understanding of acoustics with sound absorption, deflection, and diffusion at low cost. Create the sound you envision by listening in an accurate and consistent monitoring environment. This class serves as an introduction to Acoustics and sets the foundation for a series of classes that delve deep into the area of the science of sound.
Some of the key topics include:
- Understand the essential properties of sound acoustics in enclosed spaces.
- Learn how to utilize cost effective materials for sound-proofing a home studio.
- Understand how to achieve an acoustically accurate monitoring array within a studio.
- Learn how to creatively optimize the frequency response of your creative space.
- Develop an understanding on how sound will behave within an enclosed space.
Instructor: Ryan Kleeman
Date: Sunday, June 21, 2015
Time: 12- 4 PM
Location: Overlap Studio, Oakland, CA (Fruitvale area address shared upon registration)
Seats Available: 7