Out2Enroll Houston Town Hall/Forum & Enrollment - for the LGBT Community
Monday, December 9, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (CST)
Cosponsored by Out2Enroll and the US Department of Health and Human Services
LHI, Enroll America/Get Covered America, Legacy Community Health Services, Raising Women's Voices and Creating Change Houston Host Committee, invite you to join us, as together, we all learn the TRUTH about LGBT inclusion and access to healthcare made available through healthcare reform/Obamacare for our community – for our families.
Out2Enroll will lead a LGBT community town hall on the Affordable Care Act from 7:00pm to 9:00pm, which will feature remarks and presentations from federal officials, national experts, and local community stakeholders. LGBT individuals and families are encouraged to join to learn more about their options and ways then can enroll in coverage. Individual and family education and live enrollment support will also be available from a team of Certified Application Counselors from Legacy Community Health Services.
The EVENING Agenda:
- 6:45 - 7:00pm Check-in
- 7:00 - 8:00pm ACA/Obamacare Forum and Q&A - What You and your LGBT families should know about the ACA & new Health Insurance coverage - Forum and Q & A
- 8:00 - 9:00pm Health Insurance Marketplace Information and Enrollment*
* Documents to bring for enrollment:
- Proof of Citizenship, this includes SS number, or a copy of US Passport -State Residency, this includes driver's license, housing lease, or utility bill
- Income Documents, includes W-2 forms or pay stubs, unemployment/disability, social security/pension/retirement inc/or a copy of your 2012 tax return.
- Current Health Insurance, this includes policy numbers, premium information, and information about job-related health insurance even if you don't take it
- Immigration/Legal Status, for non-citizens, immigration status and document numbers
Christopher Labonte. Executive Director of the Sellers Dorsey Foundation, a private foundation dedicated to improving lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender health. The Sellers Dorsey Foundation seeks to reduce and eliminate health disparities among the LGBT population through collaboration, grant giving, and public education.
Katie Keith. Director of Research at Trimpa Group, a progressive consulting, philanthropic and political investment advising, and government relations firm that has long been a leader in LGBT advocacy at the federal and state level.
This is an unprecedented opportunity for all of us to come together to be the change we want to see in our communities - in our world.
Join us and invite your friends.
We are the Community, We are the Change. TM
Questions? email ACA@LHIHouston.org or call 713-426-3356
A special thanks to the City of Houston for providing a location for this historic event!
When & Where
Lesbian Health Initiative of Houston, Inc. (LHI)
LHI is a 501(c)(3) established in 1992.
LHI is dedicated to eliminating barriers to healthcare and promoting health and wellnes for LGBT women and transgender men through Education, Access and Advocacy Programs.