Out of Darkness is the anti-trafficking ministry of Atlanta Dream Center, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our mission at Out of Darkness is to Reach, Rescue and Restore all victims of commercial sexual exploitation, that the glory of God may be known.
Come and learn more about the issue and what you can do to make a difference in the lives of those affected. This training is for ages 16 and older (consent form required for under 18, email email@example.com), men and women. Both days of training must be attended for those looking to become involved in volunteer positions. A copy of the schedule is posted below.
You will leave understanding more about commercial sexual exploitation, how individuals get trapped in this life, why they stay, why it is so hard to leave, and all that Out of Darkness is doing in our community to make a difference. We have volunteer opportunities to answer hotline calls, rescue, raise awareness, meet with women in jail, train medical personnel on signs of trafficking, and bless and mentor women in our safe homes. Come and learn from our team and experts in the field!
We are a faith-based organization, and the weekend will be a blend of sharing, encouraging, worshiping, praying, and training. Many of our volunteer opportunities include agreement with a basic Statement of Faith, please review our Statement of Faith before signing up.
Parking: You will want to enter Perimeter Church from 141/Medlock Bridge Road, NOT Old Alabama Road. Parking is available outside of the office entrance. This area is marked by a portico and a large pillar labelled "Offices."
Meals: Dinner will be provided Friday evening. Lunch and a light complimentary breakfast will be provided on Saturday. There will be no alternatives for special dietary needs; please plan accordingly if needed.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday evening: Registration - 4:30pm; Dinner 5:00pm; Main Session I 6:00pm; Main Session II 7:30pm; Optional time of Worship & Prayer 8:50pm
Saturday: Optional light breakfast & Sign-in 8:00am; Main Session III 9:00am; Main Session IV 10:15am; Lunch 11:20am; Breakout sessions (choose 3) 12:00; Main Session V (final) 3:30pm
Breakout Sessions for Saturday afternoon - when prompted while registering:
- Hotline Responder (women): Hotline responders are on the front lines to receive calls from women desiring our help or wanting more information. Learn our protocol for these calls and how to interact with compassion and love. Calls go to designated cell phones and responders answer as they have availability. Attend this breakout session to get the required training to join the Hotline Team.
- Rescue Team (men and women, 21 and over): Once a call comes to our hotline and a rescue is requested, a team of a man and women coordinates and goes to the location of the rescue. Learn the protocol for this important part of our work and become trained and ready to serve as a rescuer. Attend this breakout session to get the required training to join the Rescue Team.
- Solomon House/ Mentor Overview (women, 21 and over): Learn about our safe homes, how it operates as well as volunteer opportunities as a long term mentor with women in recovery. This training, as well as a separate, more in-depth supplemental safe house training is required before getting plugged in on our Safe House volunteer team.
- Jail Mentor Team (men and women, 18 and over): The Jail Mentor Team goes on weekly one-on-one visits to meet women who have been arrested for prostitution/prostitution-related charges to develop relationships. Through these jail visits and writing letters, our volunteers talk with them about how Out of Darkness can help them once they are released from jail and provide encouragement and hope for a new life. Attend this breakout session to learn more about this team and to get the training required to become a Jail Team volunteer.
- Outreach Overview: (men and women) This time will be used to explore Out of Darkness' outreach initiatives, including Princess Night and our newest outreach - Encounter! Every weekend, Out of Darkness takes to the streets and strip clubs of Atlanta to spread a message of grace and hope to men and women caught in the cycles of exploitation through relationship and prayer. Join us to learn more about these exciting initiatives!
- Medical Awareness Team (men and women): The Medical Awareness Team raises awareness and provides an education presentation to emergency room staff, first responders, medical and nursing students, rape crisis centers, urgent and primary care providers, etc. on how to identify victims of trafficking and what resources are available for them to utilize if they suspect a trafficking victim. Attend this breakout session to get the training required to join the Medical Outreach Team.
- Intercessory Prayer This time will include a discussion on the importance of intercessory prayer to the ministry and the opportunities to engage in this way. Time will actually be spent in prayer and worship during this breakout time as well.
**Refunds will not be provided after purchase unless the training is cancelled or rescheduled. Thank you!
Save This Event
When & Where
Atlanta Dream Center