Out of Darkness is the anti-trafficking ministry of Atlanta Dream Center, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our mission at Out of Darkness is to Reach, Rescue and Restore all victims of commercial sexual exploitation, that the glory of God may be known.
Sexual exploitation affects many in our society. Come and learn more about the issue and what you can do to make a difference in the lives of those affected. This training is for ages 16 and older (consent form required for under 18, email firstname.lastname@example.org), men and women. Both days of training must be attended for those looking to become involved in volunteer positions.
You will leave understanding more about the issue of commercial sexual exploitation, how individuals get trapped in this life, why they stay, why it is so hard to leave, and all that Out of Darkness is doing in our community to make a difference. We have volunteer opportunities to rescue, raise awareness, meet with inmates incarcerated on prostitution-related charges, train medical personnel on signs of trafficking, and bless and mentor women in our safe homes. Come and learn from our team and a panel of experts in the field. This training is required for many of our volunteer teams.
We are a faith-based organization, and the weekend will be a blend of sharing, encouraging, worshiping, praying, and training. Many of our volunteer opportunities include agreement with a basic Statement of Faith, which you can review a copy of by emailing email@example.com and is also included in our volunteer application.
Friday evening: Dinner 5-6pm, Main Session 6-9pm
Saturday: Optional light breakfast 8:30-9am; Main Session 9-12am; Lunch 12-12:30pm; Breakout sessions and Closing Session 12:40-4pm
Breakout Sessions for Saturday afternoon - when prompted while registering:
- Hotline Responder (women): Hotline responders are on the front lines to receive calls from women desiring our help or wanting more information. Learn our protocol for these calls and how to interact with compassion and love. Calls go to designated cell phones and responders answer as they have availability. Attend this breakout session to get the required training to join the Hotline Team.
- Rescue Team (men and women, 21 and over): Once a call comes to our hotline and a rescue is requested, a team of a man and women coordinates and goes to the location of the rescue. Learn the protocol for this important part of our work and become trained and ready to serve as a rescuer. Attend this breakout session to get the required training to join the Rescue Team.
- Medical Outreach Team (men and women): The Medical Outreach Team raises awareness and provides an education presentation to emergency room staff, first responders, medical and nursing students, rape crisis centers, urgent and primary care providers, etc. on how to identify victims of trafficking and what resources are available for them to utilize if they suspect a trafficking victim. Attend this breakout session to get the training required to join the Medical Outreach Team.
- Outreach Overview (men and women, team age limits vary): This time will include an overview of our different outreaches, including Princess Night, Adopt-A-Block, Strip Club Outreach, Truck Stop Outreach, and Jail Outreach Team.
- Intercessory Prayer (men and women): This time will include a discussion on the importance of intercessory prayer to the ministry and the opportunities to engage in this way. Time will actually be spent in prayer and worship during this breakout time as well.
**Refunds will not be provided after purchase. Thank you!
Save This Event
When & Where
Atlanta Dream Center