San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
When & Where
OTNA - Old Town Newhall Association
Old Town Newhall Association
The Old Town Newhall Association is a public-charity, 501(c)3, which exists to promote the downtown Newhall area. Our tax id number is 26-0047801.
As a member of both the National Trust Main Street Program and the CDA, OTNA benefits from their knowledge and experience.
National Trust Main Street Program
Established in 1980, the National Trust Main Street Program has helped downtown associations like OTNA generate more than $17 billion in investment, with a net gain of more than 231,000 new jobs and more than 57,000 new businesses. Nationally, every dollar a community uses to support its local four-point program results in roughly $40 in new investment.
California Downtown Association
One of the strongest downtown organizations in the country, the CDA was established in 1971. Committed to the long-term preservation and prosperity of business districts, it helps facilitate the exchange of information and lobbies at the state and local levels for statewide improvement programs and local funding.
- Bringing people downtown with events such as: Parades, Senses, Arts Festivals, Annual Car Shows, & Cinco De Mayo
- Organizing community clean-up days prior to major downtown events
- Hosting an annual fundraisers/community events with hay-rides, country music, saloon, stagecoach rides and games
- Publishing newsletters that provide up-to-date information on events and happenings
- Opening the doors of communication for the downtown area
- Creating a unified voice among merchants, property owners and residents
- Hosting important community forums (some bilingual)