Ornamental & Turf PesticideTraining
Class & Exam-03-15-2017
Date & Time: Wednesday, 03/15/2017, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Training Site: UF/IFAS Miami-Dade Extension (J. D. Campbell Ag Center)
18710 SW 288th ST, Homestead, FL 33030
Who should attend?
- Employees, who need a pesticide license to use or supervise the use of restricted-use pesticides at any of the following:
- Golf courses; parks; athletic fields; or cemeteries
This workshop grants 4.0 Ornamental & Turf, Lawn & Ornamental or Limited Landscape Maintenance CEUs.
Topics to be covered:
- Insects Affecting Turf & Ornamentals, Insecticides & Other Control Measures for Pest Insects;
- Diseases Affecting Turf & Ornamentals, Fungicides & Other Control Measures for Diseases;
- Nematodes Affecting Turf & Ornamentals, Nematicides & Other Control Measures for Nematodes;
- Weeds & Weed Control in Turf & Ornamentals;
- Methods of Control, including Chemicals; and
- Pesticide Labels for Ornamental & Turf / Lawn & Ornamental Applications.
Study manuals for the exam: You can purchase from Miami-Dade County Extension: SM 7 – Ornamental & Turf Pest Control (Cost $25 including tax) and SM 1 - Applying Pesticides Correctly (Cost $23.00 including tax). These books must be picked up in person and paid for with either a check or a money order payable to: Miami-Dade Extension Program Account. NOTE: We highly recommend reading the study material before you take the class or exam. The failure rate is very high. Registration for the class can be done by either mail/in person or through the website. Please use the form at the bottom of this page for mail in or in person.
You must bring an official photo ID to take the exam. If you are attending for CEUs, please bring your license number and an official photo ID. Bring a pen or pencil so you can take notes. This is a closed book exam.
The Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (IFAS) is an Equal Employment Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer authorized to provide research, educational information and other services only to individuals and institutions that function without regard to race, color, sex, age, handicap or national origin. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Cooperative Extension Service, University of Florida, IFAS, Florida A. & M. University Cooperative Extension Program and Boards of County Commissioners Cooperating. For sign language interpreters or materials in accessible format or other ADA Accommodations please call (305) 248-3311 ext. 240 at least five days in advance.