San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
GET INSPIRED!! May is National Bike Month - Get out and ride!
Make plans to "Bike and Barbecue" with Hector Picard, the 1st Double Arm Amputee 5x Ironman Finisher. We will meet at Lake Mills Park, Chuluota at 8:30 a.m. for a 22 mile ride with Hector, (or one of several shorter routes.) After the ride, we will gather back up at the park. After Hector shares his story with the group, we'll have a picnic. This will be a social ride and the routes and pace groups will be posted before the ride.
So just why will Hector Picard inspire you? Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mZMw-usrxQ
Riding with us and Hector's inspirational story is free, but we're asking for a donation to cover the cost of picnic food and beverage.
We'll have four routes and speeds:
- Ride with Hector to Fort Christmas full loop route about 22 mies at a 16-20 mph average pace. ("B" rider - Orange)
Lake Mills - Ft. Christmas Loop 22 mi.
- Bike clubs and riders that want a longer training ride are encouraged to create their own start point earlier and plan ride to arrive at Lake Mills Park between 8:30 and 8:45 a.m. and meet up at there for additional ride.
- A Fort Christmas and return route, about 18 miles at 12-15 mph pace. ("C" rider - Yellow)
Lake Mills - Ft. Christmas 18 Miles
- A "Saturday Social" 11 mile distance at about 10-13 mph pace. (Blue)
Lake Mills Loop w/Curryville Spur 11 Miles
- Zippy's Around Lake Mills route of about 6 miles around Lake Mills at a pace of about 8-10 miles per hour (Green).
Lake Mills - Short Loop 6 Miles
- Please arrive at 8:30 - 8:45 a.m. so that ride groups are ready to depart at 9:00 a.m. sharp.
- A bike in good condition. We recommend our sponsor, Adventure Cycling for tuneups, spare tire tubes, etc.
- All riders must wear a helmet while riding. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Following Florida Bicycle Laws and Group Riding for safety. If you haven't been on a group ride before, please review this site.
What else should you bring:
- A water bottle that you can take on your bike.
- Lawn chairs are suggested for picnic and relaxing.
- Swimming is available at this park - bring you swimsuit for afterwards.
- A few dollars for additional door prize tickets (cash)
Joining us to bike is entirely FREE, but since we do ask for a $18 (pre-registered) or $20 (on site) donation to cover food, beverages, park permits, and awesome amenities.
GREAT Door Prizes including:
- Disney tickets
- XX2i sunglasses
- Cycling accessories
Thank you to our partners:
Questions? Contact Elise at 407-977-9338 or CP/text at 407-497-6635.
Save This Event
When & Where
Tri With Us
Tri With Us is a USA Triathlon Club in the Oviedo, Florida area.