The East Village has the greatest diversity of cultures concentrated in one area in all of New York City. Ethnic groups residing in the area include Japanese, Chinese, Jewish, and Ukrainian. Within walking distance, you can have the best ethnic foods of the City, experience the tastes of the world, and discover the history, culture, and development of a historic neighborhood.
Your food-tasting journey includes delicious tastings of the following:
- Chinese Liangpi Noodles: a dish of cold noodles with vegetables and spongy gluten in a sauce that hits every possible flavor category (e.g. savory, tangy, and sweet). Famous food and travel hosts, Anthony Bourdain, Andrew Zimmern, and many others, loved the noodles and featured the shop in their popular shows.
- Mexican Taco & Chips: everything made from scratch including its tortilla and chips. Feature its signature taco, Al Pastor, made from a spit oven, named the best from Timeout New York.
- Middle Eastern Falafel: crispy and savory snack from the original gourmet falafel shop in the city.
- Takoyaki: octopus ball, one of the most popular Japanese appretizers - you will experience different textures and flavors (e.g. sweet and savory) from a bite!
- Chocolate Cookie Eclair: made fresh per order, named the best chocolate eclair by the New York Times.
- Italian Cannoli: creamy and crunchy from the best and one of the oldest Italian bakery restaurants in the city, established since 1894!
If you enjoy diversity and exploring new flavor or texture of food, this is the tour for you. Join us today! All tastings are included in your ticket price of ONLY $52! Small and personal group size! [Note: We will also pass by the oldest bar in NYC!]
You should be full by the end of the tour! We don't recommend a lunch plan right after the tour.
For more info, visit http://foodtoursofny.com. We are looking forward to touring with you!
|Terms and Conditions:||Must Read! By submitting this order, you affirm that you understand and agree to New York Food Tours'sTerms and Conditions and Waiver and Release of Liability.
|Duration:||2.5 - 3 hours|
||Wear comfortable shoes and clothing.|
|Weather:||Takes place rain or shine.
Most are taste on the go and some is seated. There should be plenty of food to eat. Note: food tastings are subject to change without notice.
||12 - 15 persons per tour.|
|Gratuity:||It is standard to give a 15% tip in New York City especially if you enjoyed the tour.|