Actions and Detail Panel
Opt Outside with the AMC's Presidents Society!
Thu, Jun 29, 2017, 10:00 AM
Explore some of the New York City area's greatest gems, on foot, with the AMC's President's Society!
Join AMC Staff as we enjoy a chestnut tree sanctuary, Randall's Island Park, Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge, and the Harriman Outdoor Center and Harriman State Park. Locations may be subject to change depending on weather conditions and response.
Specific meeting locations and directions will be sent to you after you register, along with information about the event.
- Wednesday, May 24: Join the AMC and the Greenwich Land Trust for a walk & talk at the GLT's chestnut tree sanctuary in Greenwich, CT.
- Thursday, June 29: Join the AMC and the Randall's Island Park Alliance for a tour of RIPA's $5 million urban wetlands restoration, and learn about urban conservation.
- Friday, July 21 - Sunday, July 23: Enjoy a weekend at AMC's Harriman Outdoor Center, with hiking, road cycling, paddling, swimming, yoga and delicious food.
- Thursday, July 27: Join the Happy Warbler's Joe Giunta as we look for migrating shorebirds in Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge in Broad Channel, Queens.
- Wednesday, September 20: Join the AMC for a moderate hike in Harriman State Park and an optional post-hike bring-your-own-lunch and swim/paddline at the Harriman Outdoor Center.
To learn more, contact Barbara Evans at 646-292-5256 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: all events except the Harriman Outdoor Center weekend are free, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Events will be wait-listed when registration is full, and most have a limited number of tickets available.
Transportation is available from most nearby public transportation, if not readily accessible by public transportation. Please contact Barbara Evans for specifics.