Opportunity Georgia: A Community Conversation
Tuesday, May 7, 2013 from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
Join Opportunity Nation and our partners, Jumpstart, Points of Light and HandsOn Atlanta, for a Community Conversation in Atlanta, Georgia to highlight some of the exciting programs and efforts underway in your state to expand economic opportunity and social mobility, and to learn about new tools and networks that might bolster your important work.
Opportunity Nation, a national, bipartisan campaign to expand economic mobility and jumpstart the American Dream, will share powerful data on your region’s economic, educational and community health and discuss potential ways to improve outcomes in these key areas.
We are eager to hear from you and other leaders from the education, non-profit, business and philanthropic arenas, as well as young adults from the area, about the challenges and promising solutions in your community. We want to learn about trends in your community while briefing you on our efforts and how you can be involved. We are particularly focused on connecting more youth ages 16 to 24 to successful education and career pathways through both policy advocacy and community and private sector actions. We welcome your energy and ideas to the discussion.
Please join this conversation to:
- Share your story to elevate challenges and promising work happening in your state;
- Connect to a national campaign to highlight your local efforts;
- Meet and learn from diverse leaders in your community;
- Learn about Opportunity Nation's resources including the Opportunity Index, our Shared Plan, the Youth and Business Toolkit and how you can use them effectively to accelerate your own work;
- Build connections in advance of a larger event coming to your state this fall.
We hope you'll participate in this initial community conversation. We intend to return to your state this fall, as part of a larger event that will be co-hosted by Opportunity Nation, America's Promise Alliance and other partners.
Please contact Russell Krumnow, email@example.com, if you have any questions prior to the community conversation.