Actions and Detail Panel
Opportunities for Nonprofits: The ABCs of Accessing Broward County Human Se...
Sat, August 12, 2017, 10:15 AM – 12:30 PM EDT
Opportunities for Nonprofits: The ABCs of Accessing Broward County Human Services Dollars*
Saturday, August 12, 2017
10:15 AM to 12:30 PM
West Regional Library
8601 West Broward Boulevard, Plantation, FL 33324
*Part of “Broward Means Business," an initiative of Broward County Mayor Barbara Sharief, District 8 Commissioner.
This session is held in collaboration with the Broward County Human Services Department.
What does the Broward County Human Services Department (HSD) look for in a successful proposal? Attendees will receive practical, hands-on insights into using HSD procurement tools and available support services to craft succinct and targeted proposals. This session also includes a panel of nonprofit organization (NPO) experts that will discuss various areas of capacity building, including positioning your NPO, the highs and lows of working with government funders, defining trends that affect an NPO contract performance, and establishing an authentic marketing strategy to engage your agency’s Board of Directors and donors. This workshop targets representatives of existing NPOs that have never contracted with the Broward County Human Services Department or that want to increase future funding.
Pre-registration is strongly recommended. Event is subject to change.
NOTE: It is our intent to afford all interested attendees the opportunity to attend business development training sessions hosted by Broward County’s OESBD. To ensure your participation, please note the following:
- This workshop is FREE and open to the public; however, space is limited. We can accommodate up to 120 registered attendees for this session.
- Registration with Eventbrite is strongly encouraged to attend. We will give priority seating to pre-registered participants on a first come, first served basis.
- The workshop starts promptly at 10:30 AM and will run until 12:30 PM, please plan to check-in no later than 10:15 AM.
- Onsite registrants will be accommodated ONLY if there are any available seats remaining at the start of the workshop.
- Late arrivals may be turned away if there are no available seats