A happy hour about hunger, presented by Operation YP...
Round up your friends & coworkers to show support for this year’s Operation Feed effort! Enjoy live music, and network with representatives from the businesses & community organizations that fight hunger each spring through Operation Feed. Mingle with special guests including...
- Jeni Britton Bauer from Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams,
- Johnny DiLoretto from Good Day Columbus,
- former Buckeye and NFL player, Roy Hall, from the D.R.I.V.E.N. Foundation,
- Foodbank President & CEO, Matt Habash.
On the Menu:
- Soundtrack by local soul-pop duo, Wonder Twin Powers (http://wondertwinpowersmusic.com/)
- Keep hunger in the limelight with Operation Feed Day’s drink special of the night: $.50 from each “Limelight” cocktail will be donated to the Operation Feed campaign.
- Enjoy Shadowbox Happy Hour ($2.50 domestics, $4 Specialty drinks and ½ price appetizers and pizzas until 6pm!)
- Win big in our door prize drawing, sponsored by Shadowbox Live!, Columbus Alive! & Small Business Beanstalk
- Be part of the solution, as our community comes together to support food pantries, soup kitchens & emergency shelters right here in central & eastern Ohio.
- Support Hungry Families: a suggested donation to Operation Feed is much appreciated (just $10 can provide 30 meals for a family struggling to make ends meet). Help us launch this spring’s food & funds campaign with lots of momentum!
Central Parking Garage (500 S. Front St.), $3.00 (prepaid, cash) for Foodbank/Shadowbox event attendees. Limited metered parking is also available on South Front Street.
Facebook Event Page: spread the word among your Facebook friends!
I'm attending the @mid_ohfoodbank #OpFeed Day Happy Hour about #Hunger Join me @BkstageBistro tonight! Show ur support: http://ofdaymixer.eventbrite.com
I'm attending the @mid_ohfoodbank #OpFeed Day Happy Hour about #Hunger Join me @BkstageBistro March 1! Show ur support: http://ofdaymixer.eventbrite.com
* * * * *
“Operation Feed Day” is the launch of Mid-Ohio Foodbank’s Operation Feed campaign season. This community-wide food and funds drive is one of the largest collaborative hunger-fighting efforts of its kind in the nation. Due to efficiencies of donated food, bulk purchasing and economies of scale, every $1 = 3 meals, and 100% of the dollars raised through Operation Feed go toward providing food for neighbors in need. Join hundreds of local businesses, schools and community organizations pitching in to raise 7.5 million meals this spring.
When & Where
For over 30 years, Operation Feed has raised food and funds that provide assistance to individuals and families in need. Each year, Mid-Ohio Foodbank joins forces with local businesses, schools, civic groups, and individuals to raise critically needed resources through a community-wide drive.
Mid-Ohio Foodbank distributed over 58 million pounds of food last year, enabling its partner agencies across 20 counties to provide food for more than 130,000 meals each day. Operation Feed efforts help stock the shelves of these food pantries, soup kitchens and emergency shelters throughout central and eastern Ohio.