#OperaMeetup with the original Opera Rockstar: Jon S. von Tetzchner, founder of Opera Software
- Have you wondered what it takes to start a technology company?
- What is it that inspires people to become entrepreneurs?
- Are entrepreneurs born or are they made?
- What did Jon think when he started Opera Software?
- Why is Opera called Opera?
- What is the future of browsing?
Well, here is your chance to get all answers straight from the horse's mouth. The man who did not think twice before taking up the challenge of swimming through the Atlantic from Norway to the USA just to celebrate Opera’s 1 million downloads and the man who firmly believes "Removing options is evil".
Meet Jon S. von Tetzchner, the Co-founder of Opera Software at this meet-up in Mumbai.
We now have FoneArena, one of the leading websites in India for mobile consumers and tech enthusiasts, on-board with us for the meetup.
The agenda for the first half is as follows:
- Introduction of Jon and all attendees
- FoneArena will take us through the mobile web scenario in India
- A freewheeling chat with Jon, as Tushar Kanwar, a Bangalore-based technology freelancer and a self-confessed gizmo-holic, quizzes Jon about various topics under the sun
- Everybody is invited to join in the discussion and ask questions to Jon
And if you are unable to come, drop in your questions for Jon in the comments section below along with your name, and we will put these across too.
Jon S. von Tetzchner, along with colleague Geir Ivarsøy, developed a Web browser while working for Norwegian Telecom Research (Telenor) in 1994. In 1995 they together founded Opera Software and launched their first browser to the public in 1996. Jon is currently the Co-founder for Opera Software, and is a knowledgeable speaker on numerous topics including Opera as a company, its technology, operations, the marketplace and other industry-related subjects.
Jon holds a Master's degree in Computer Science from the University of Oslo. Upon completing his education, he worked as a research scientist for Norwegian Telecom Research from 1991 to 1995. He has received numerous honors and awards for his accomplishments through Opera Software. In 2005, Jon was included in the World Economic Forum's Young Global Leaders program. In 2009, he was named as one of the top 40 leaders shaping the mobile communications industry by analyst firm Informa and as one of the top 15 mobile influencers by GigaOM.
When & Where
Opera gives you the best web experience on almost any device. Opera is built for speed and has many features that save you time.
More about us here: www.opera.com