OpenStack Bootcamp @ LinuxCon | New Orleans September 17-19, 2013
Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 1:00 PM - Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 5:00 PM (CDT)
******Please note the following schedule below******
Tuesday 17th & Wednesay 18th class runs from 1 PM to 5 PM
Thursday the 19th class runs from 9 AM to 5 PM
This best-selling two-day intensive course provides hands-on technical training for OpenStack™ aimed at system administrators and IT professionals looking to get started on an OpenStack Cloud deployment. It is based on the Grizzly release. Each of the two days will consist of lecture, demos and group lab exercises.
- Day 1 provides: an overview of the OpenStack architecture, its key components, and how they interact; a deep dive on Nova compute services and its interfaces and operating principles; and a methodical walkthrough of how to provision a virtual machine in an OpenStack cloud. Day 1 also provides an in-depth of networking in OpenStack, including a review of core network management services; address management; and an overview of traffic flows, with an opportunity to apply these concepts in hands-on labs.
- Day 2 turns attention to storage paradigms in OpenStack, starting with a deep dive on Swift object storage. It covers: the underlying assumptions of Swift, as well as use cases, architecture, capabilities, configuration, security and a practical view of deployment and key storage management tasks. Next, we look at configuring OpenStack to meet HA SLAs, and close the day with a comparative analysis of OpenStack and legacy commercial virtualization technologies.
The course is limited to 15 students for the 2-day class. All course materials will be provided by Mirantis, including access to shared compute resources for labs. Students must bring their own laptops. A light breakfast and lunch will be available to all course participants.
- Comfortable with Linux CLI
- Good understanding of virtualization & hypervisors
- Some experience with Linux networking
By the end of this course, class participants will have covered:
MODULE 1: OpenStack Overview
- Overview of project history and releases
- Core projects overview (Nova, Glance, Keystone, Swift, Quantum, Cinder)
- Nova architecture overview
- VM provisioning walkthrough
MODULE 2: OpenStack Networking Overview
- KVM networking with Linux bridges
- Single-host vs multi-host networking
- The role of Network Manager
- Different Network Manager types
- Floating IPs
- Traffic Flow
LAB 1: OpenStack basic operation: Single and multi-node, user and admin views
MODULE 3: Swift
- Project overview
- Usage and use cases
- The Ring, RingBuilder, partitioning
- Account, container and object servers
- Deployment and Operations
LAB 2: Swift – CRUD Containers, objects; Using Swift API
LAB 3: Break-and-fix session
MODULE 4: OpenStack in Production
- OpenStack HA (High Availabiliity) Overview
- OpenStack monitoring
- OpenStack Physical deployment
- OpenStack cluster testing
- Deployment tools overview
LAB 4: Multi-node OpenStack Deployment
MODULE 5: Advanced Topics
- OpenStack/VMWare gap analysis
- Community activity and future roadmap
If you wish to cancel your order it must be done at least 10 days prior to the beggining of the class to be eligable for a refund.
Students failing to cancel their class in time will not receive a refund and will be charged the full ticket price.
We review our classes two weeks prior to the class date. In the case that there is low enrollment, classes may be cancelled or rescheduled anytime ato ur discretion. Mirantis is not responsible for non-refundable expenses incured by the student.
When & Where
Mirantis delivers OpenStack™ cloud and open source application infrastructure. With the largest pool of OpenStack engineering expertise on the market, Mirantis helps service providers, SaaS vendors and enterprises build and run robust OpenStack clouds. Its unique cost-effective service delivery model is focused on vendor-independent cloud implementation – uncompromised by opaque hooks or proprietary packaging.