Openness Night Windows 8 App Dev Boot Camp
Daily Event: 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM (PDT)
A Message from Microsoft :
Thank you for showing interest in the HTML5 App Dev BootCamp. However, due to the low turn-out in attendance. We are only having 1 session, which will be tomorrow October 10.
Openness Night 24-hour Hackathon Mechanics:
- Slot is on a first come, first-serve basis. Upon registration, a team needs to also input their initial Windows 8 application name. You may access the registration file at http://aka.ms/OpenNightHackathon.
- One team should only be comprised of 1 designer and 1 developer.
- One team can submit as many Windows 8 app entries. However, please note that, majority of the programming should be done during the hackathon. Assets (images or logos) may be finished prior the hackathon.
- An app must be a fresh app and not a ported app.
- There will be 2 tracks for the hackathon. These are, for Microsoft Student Partners and Open Source Developers/Professional Developers. There will be two (2) winners for each trackand each pair will get the chance to win devices/exciting prizes. Winners will be decided based on the following criteria:
- 20% originality
- 20% concept
- 30% functionality
- 30% UI and User Experience
- All participants must explain their app for 3minutes on October 13, 1pm.
- Winners cannot claim their prize until their apps have been uploaded to the store.
- All apps must be uploaded by October 26. Kindly input the app URL in the file: http://aka.ms/OpenNightHackathon.
- Announcement of winners will be made on October 31.
- Proclaimed winners are final.