OpenNebula Fundamentals: Cloud Operator and Architect Course
The course covers the process of installing, configuring and operating private, public and hybrid clouds using OpenNebula. Additionally the program briefly addresses the integration of OpenNebula with other components in the data center.
Specifically designed for:
- IT Administrators
- Data Center Staff
- System Administrators
- Systems Integrators
- System Architects.
Introduction, Installation and Configuration
- An introduction to cloud computing with OpenNebula
- The architecture of the cloud
- Planning and installing OpenNebula
- Configuration and basic usage
- Host Subsystem: Monitoring configuration and host management
- Storage Subsystem: Datastores configuration and image management
- Network Subsystem: Network configuration and virtual network management
- Virtualization Subsystem: Hypervisor configuration and VM management
- Cluster Subsystem: Cluster configuration and management,
- Scheduler: Scheduling configuration and policies
- Users Subsystem: AAA (Authentication, authorization and accounting)
- Multiple zones and virtual data centers
- Hybrid/public deployments
Extension and Integration
- Integration APIs
- Hooks and high availability
- Customization of subsystems
16 hours in 2 days, starting at 9:00 on the first day and ending at 18:00 on the last day. Schedule
- Day 1: 9:00 - 18:00
- Day 2: 9:00 - 18:00
- Describe the features and benefits of using virtualization and clouds
- Describe different architectures for a cloud that can be deployed with OpenNebula
- Deploy and configure OpenNebula
- Operate an OpenNebula cloud instance
No prior OpenNebula skills are required, but participants should have working knowledge of virtualization, networking and Unix/Linux systems.
The course includes hands-on exercises to be performed using attendee’s wifi-enabled laptops with VirtualBox installed. The attendees will build, configure and operate their own OpenNebula cloud.
Standard price is 1,250 euros (exclusive of tax) with discounts for early registration and for public institutions, customers and partners.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need an invoice or Purchase Order.