San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The course covers the process of installing, configuring and operating private, public and hybrid clouds using OpenNebula. Additionally the program briefly addresses the integration of OpenNebula with other components in the data center.
Specifically designed for:
- IT Administrators
- Data Center Staff
- System Administrators
- Systems Integrators
- System Architects.
Introduction, Installation and Configuration
- An introduction to cloud computing with OpenNebula
- The architecture of the cloud
- Planning and installing OpenNebula
- Configuration and basic usage
- Host Subsystem: Monitoring configuration and host management
- Storage Subsystem: Datastores configuration and image management
- Network Subsystem: Network configuration and virtual network management
- Virtualization Subsystem: Hypervisor configuration and VM management
- Cluster Subsystem: Cluster configuration and management,
- Scheduler: Scheduling configuration and policies
- Users Subsystem: AAA (Authentication, authorization and accounting)
- Multiple zones and virtual data centers
- Hybrid/public deployments
Extension and Integration
- Integration APIs
- Hooks and high availability
- Customization of subsystems
16 hours in 3 days, starting at 14:00 on the first day and ending at 13:00 on the last day. Schedule
- Day 1: 14:00 - 18:00
- Day 2: 09:00 - 18:00
- Day 3: 09:00 - 13:00
- Describe the features and benefits of using virtualization and clouds
- Describe different architectures for a cloud that can be deployed with OpenNebula
- Deploy and configure OpenNebula
- Operate an OpenNebula cloud instance
No prior OpenNebula skills are required, but participants should have working knowledge of virtualization, networking and Unix/Linux systems.
The course includes hands-on exercises to be performed using attendee’s wifi-enabled laptops with VirtualBox installed. The attendees will build, configure and operate their own OpenNebula cloud.
Standard price is 1,250 euros (exclusive of tax) with discounts for early registration and for public institutions, customers and partners.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need an invoice or Purchase Order.
Customer may cancel a class at any time. If Customer notifies OpenNebula Systems in writing that it will not attend the class at least fifteen (15) calendar days in advance of the class, OpenNebula Systems will refund to Customer the amount Customer paid for the class. If Customer notifies OpenNebula Systems in writing that it will not attend the class less than fourteen (14) but more than seven (7) calendar days in advance of the class, Customer must still pay for the class and OpenNebula Systems will provide Customer with a credit for the amounts paid for the class that Customer may apply to any other class offered within one year from the date of the cancelled class. If Customer fails to notify OpenNebula Systems that it will not attend the class at least seven (7) calendar days in advance of the class, Customer must still pay for the class, and OpenNebula Systems is not required to issue Customer a refund or a credit.
OpenNebula Systems may reschedule or cancel the date, time and location of a class at any time, and may freely replace any personnel who may be scheduled to teach the class. Should OpenNebula Systems cancel a class, unless such cancellation was for circumstances beyond OpenNebula Systems’ control, OpenNebula Systems will refund to Customer any amounts paid for said class. If OpenNebula Systems has to cancel a class for circumstances beyond its control, OpenNebula Systems will issue Customer a credit for the amounts paid by Customer for the class that Customer may apply to any other class offered within one year from the date of the cancelled class. Otherwise, OpenNebula Systems is not liable to Customer for any other costs, expenses or amounts incurred by Customer in relation to the class (for example, any travel expenses or lost business time).
Save This Event
When & Where
Flexible Enterprise Cloud Made Simple
OpenNebula is a turnkey open-source and enterprise-ready solution that includes all the features needed to provide an on-premises (private) cloud offering, and to offer public cloud services. With tens of thousands of deployments, OpenNebula is parked in research leaders like FermiLab, ESA and SurfSARA, and industry leaders like Produban, Akamai, CentOS, BBC, Alcatel-Lucent, BlackBerry and ChinaMobile.