OPENING NIGHT: ANTES QUE CANTE EL GALLO - US PREMIERE
- Red Carpet
- National Anthem and La Boriqueña: Marlene Villafane
- Welcome Remarks: Veronica Caicedo, Executive Remarks
- 2016 IPRHFF Humanitarian Award presented to J.W. Cortes
- US Premier of Antes Que Cante El Gallo
- Q&A with the director Ari Maniel Cruz to follow the movie.
Carmín is a teenager who lives in Barranquitas, a mountainous village in the center of Puerto Rico, with her tough and conservative grandmother. Carmín dreams of moving to the city, San Juan, with her mother but she just got remarried and is leaving for the US without her. Then, the arrival of her father after long years in prison eases Carmín’s profound sadness. The relationship with him, however, brings its own ambiguousness and complexities. Now the girl must learn to live between abandonment and carefulness; amidst desire and love to experience the deepest absence.
Executive Producer - Esteban LimaDirector - Arí Maniel CruzScreenplay - Kisha Tikina Burgos
Producers - Kisha Tikina BurgosAndrei NemcikTristana RoblesArí Maniel Cruz Cinematographer - Santiago Benet Mari
Original Music - Eduardo Cabra "Visitante"
Miranda Purcell Cordelia González
Kisha Tikina Burgos
José Eugenio Hernández Yamil Collazo Isadora Lee CintrónIliana García Israel Lugo