Students will learn to use the application to solve questions or display data such as:
• Where is free geospatial data made available for downloading and in what format?
• How is geospatial data added to a web page and made into an interactive map?
• What are the components of a Spatial Data Infrastructure?
The five week workshop will focus on the following:
• Understanding various kinds of geospatial data and how to find geospatial data;
• The process to extract/transform/load geospatial data and convert it into common web formats such as GeoJSON or KML
• Interacting with geospatial data servers to publish data into web formats (WFS, WMS)
At the completion of this course, students will be comfortable with using Leaflet and be able to integrate maps into web pages and place geospatial data on top of basemaps. Importantly, they will understand the components of a Spatial Data Infrastructure needed to make these web maps useful for their company or their career. These skills will be applicable for app and web development.
• Comfortable with a plain text editor of your choice
• Basic understanding of server-client architecture (how stacks are built)
This class meets once (1) per week for four (4) weeks/sessions.
Dave Bianco, GIS Data Engineer at Urthecast
What is the refund policy?
100% Refund when cancelling 4 business days prior to workshop
50% Refund within 4 business days of event
0% Refund once materials are accessed; Or proprietary software codes provided; Or 12am of first day of class and after.
Date and Time
1125 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94110