AirBnB is the ultimate unicorn. As a digital marketplaces, AirBnB has fundamentally transformed the way in which we as consumers book vacations. This talk is a crash course on this new wave of products, and how it compares with a traditional managed inventory.
Jiaona will go over how AirBnB manages its quality of the marketplace to ensure its high standards are met while serving as many users as possible. We will cover the building blocks that make up marketplaces, common dynamics that influence how behavior, the interplay of data and Design in shaping the UX, what value delivery means and lastly tracking and managing growth to liquidity and success.
- Unique challenges, mechanics and dynamics of digital marketplaces vs managed inventories
- How AirBnB maintains its quality of supply
- Strategies to scale and track liquidity and engagement
- How to manage the product development of a marketplace product
Meet the Speaker: Jiaona Zhang
Jiaona is a Product Manager at AirBnB. She leads a group of 40-50 engineers, designers, data scientists, and user researchers across several major teams on the supply side, including Quality, Reviews and Mobile. She has over 6 years of Product experience in companies such as AirBnB and DropBox. She has a Bachelor's degree from Yale University.
View the Speaker's LinkedIn
Keep in mind that:
- The doors will close at 6:30PM when the event starts
- Sales for 'Tickets at the Door' start at 6:00PM and finish at 6:30PM when the event starts (if the event hasn't been sold out)
- Unless the event has been cancelled we don't refund tickets. You can see our full refund policy on Eventbrite
Have questions about Open Marketplaces vs. Managed Supplies explained by AirBnB's Product Manager?
Contact Product School