Our Greengate Farms Day is part of HMI’s Open Gate Learning Series. Open Gates are peer-to-peer action-based learning days with short presentations and small group exercises geared for participants to share discoveries and management techniques with guidance from experienced facilitators and producers.
Whether you are an agricultural producer (or wannabe), locavore, foodie, urbanite concerned with a thriving community, or just interested in organic vegetables and grass-fed meat, this is a day for you.
What to Expect
At the Open Gate: Greengate Farms day, you’ll…
- See what neighborhood organic farmers are doing to maintain land health and profitability while offering healthy, local food all can afford
- Learn about the Holistic Management goal setting and decision-making process
- Hear the Greengate story and tour the farm
- Learn about grass-fed pork production
- Discuss the opportunities for and obstacles to urban farming
- Learn ways to get connected with great food – food hubs, CSA’s, Farmers Markets, Farm Stands
- Hear how Holistic Management enables producers to better manage risk, make better decisions and enjoy the benefits of regenerative agriculture.
Saturday, April 29
9-9:30am – Registration and social
9:30 am – Welcome & introductions – P. Cole
9:40 am – The story of Green Gate Farms – E. Flynn & S. Connett
10:15 – Break
10:30 – Farm tour - E. Flynn & S. Connett
12:00 – Lunch
1:00 pm. – A brief look at Holistic Management - P. Sechrist
Panel on Neighborhood Farms with:
- R. Rutledge – Sustainable Food Center – Farmers Markets – getting good food to ALL people
- E. Marty – Austin Food Policy – why Neighborhood Farms
- R. Maggiani – NCAT Austin’s food hubs, Organic farms in Texas
1:45 – Break
2:00 – Goal setting and decision testing with P. Sechrist and the panel
3:30 – Q&A, discussion, evaluation
For more information please visit our website.
Sorry, registration fees are non-refundable due to the costs incurred by HMI.
By registering for this event, you hereby consent and agree that HMI has the right to take photographs, videotape, or digital recordings of you and to use these in any and all media, now or hereafter known, for HMI outreach and further consent that your name and identity may be revealed therein or by descriptive text or commentary.
Save This Event
When & Where
Holistic Management International
Our mission is to educate people in regenerative agriculture for healthy land and thriving communities.
Our vision is a world where lands and communities flourish through the practice of Holistic Management, an internationally recognized regenerative agricultural practice.
- Helps family farmers/ranchers/pastoralists become more prosperous
- Helps strengthen local economies
- Improves local food quality
- Heals the environment
- Improves wildlife habitats
- Fosters community ties and preserves local culture