Online Safety Training
INFOhio is pleased to announce that Learning.com’s EasyTech Online Safety curriculum is available free to all Ohio K-12 public and private schools for the 2016-17 school year, thanks to funding through the Ohio Department of Education.
For general information about meeting CIPA/E-RATE requirements with the curriculum, see the overview on Learning.com’s page. To see a list of the topics covered for each grade band, read the 2-page PDF, How EasyTech Meets E-Rate Online Safety Requirements.
- Easy Tech’s Online Safety curriculum exceeds CIPA and E-Rate Internet safety training requirements and makes reporting compliance easy.
- The curriculum takes a positive, not fear-based, approach built on current research to help students learn appropriate online behavior.
- The Digital Citizenship App is an easy-to-implement solution recommended for grades 6-9 that provides quick instruction on online safety, ethical use of digital resources, and cyberbullying through three engaging lessons and a quiz. The App’s self-registration and self-paced instructional model is ideal for districts with a BYOD or 1:1 programs and those that want to reinforce the most critical areas of online safety instruction.
- The web-based program comes with its own learning management system to handle assessment and record keeping.
- The curriculum also contains numerous resources for teachers and parents.