Translate your research into the real world.
Join us at our official Oxford Launch Night to learn about OneStart, the world's largest life sciences and healthcare accelerator programme, and the chance to win £100,000 non-dilutive funding for your innovative idea.
OneStart is a call to aspiring entrepreneurs to enter the world’s largest life sciences accelerator programme, with a mission to help you realise your innovative ideas to advance healthcare. OneStart will provide 35 selected teams education and ongoing business mentorship from industry leaders and 10 finalist teams the opportunity to pitch for £100,000 in non-dilutive funding. Several of our teams have been successful in securing follow-on funding, with our alumni raising over £20 million combined.
Programme (Wednesday 14th October 2015):
- 18:30 – Registration opens
- 19:00 – Opening addresses on the OneStart Accelerator Programme
- 19:15 – Panel discussion on how to facilitate early-stage life sciences innovation
- 19:45 – Networking session, with entrepreneurs, industry representatives, investors, and the organisers of OneStart
- Matthew Foy - OneStart Judge & Investor at SR One
- Nooman Haque - OneStart Mentor & Director at Silicon Valley Bank
- Benjamin Owens - OneStart Alumni & Founder at Exegesis Pharma
- Graham Richards - Professor of Chemistry at University of Oxford
- Megan Morys-Carter - Director, Entrepreneurship Centre at University of Oxford
Who should attend?
- Science/medical students and researchers interested in commercialising their ideas
- Business, law and other graduate students/young professionals keen to get involved with the life sciences industries
- Software developers and engineers interested in contributing their technical skills to realising a product
- Anyone interested in entrepreneurship
About the OneStart competition:
Applications are open from 1st October until 1st December 2015. We welcome applications from individuals or teams (up to 6 team members) under the age of 36 (as of 31st December 2015). We encourage you to recruit other scientists, engineers, business students, lawyers, and anyone else with talent and motivation to execute a great idea, so don’t forget to browse through our co-founders hub. We welcome ideas at all stages of development.
Our 35 semi-finalists will be directly mentored by experienced industry professionals, connected with venture capital, pharmaceutical, biotech, medtech and digital health executives, and invited to attend a Business Bootcamp in London with workshops from our global partners, including SR One (corporate venture capital arm of GSK), Johnson & Johnson Innovation, Takeda Ventures (corporate venture capital arm of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company), Bristol-Myers Squibb, GSK, Roche, AstraZeneca, MedImmune, Boehringer Ingelheim, Teva Pharmaceuticals, McKinsey & Company, Silicon Valley Bank, MedCity, and Olswang.
Learn more at: www.onestart.co
When & Where
Oxbridge Biotech Roundtable
Oxbridge Biotech Roundtable is a worldwide platform for innovators. Our mission is to bridge the gaps between industry and academia to move ideas forward. Learn more: oxbridgebiotech.com
OBR has teamed up with SR One to organise OneStart, the world's largest life science startup accelerator programme. Learn how you can get extended mentoring and win £100k/$150k for your business idea at: onestart.co