BrainOwls is hosting a Programming crash course that will teach you all there is to know about being a programmer in today’s industry. In this class, you will learn what a programmer does on a day to day basis. Programming is a very complex field, and our instructor is well equipped to present the material in a way that is easy to understand and not overwhelming. This class will be in person, with only a number of students, to allow for a more personal and hands-on experience with the instructor. This class will be highly interactive with very little lecturing. By the end of this crash course, students can expect to know the fundamentals for a career in programming. Take this course before pursuing a career as a developer.
A brief outline this course:
- What is a Programmer?
- Brief Introduction to Computer Programming
- Uses of Computer Programs
- What are Variables and Basic Data Types
- What a programming environment entails
- Different types of Programing languages
- Learn a language for expressing computations—Python
- Learn about the process of writing and debugging a program
- Learn about the process of moving from a problem statement to a computational formulation of a method for solving the problem
- Learn a basic set of "recipes"—algorithms
- Learn how to use simulations to shed light on problems that don't easily succumb to closed form solutions
- Learn about how to use computational tools to help model and understand data
- Learn the basics of Functions and create a Guessing Game
- What is required for a career in Programming
- How to build a portfolio for a career in programing
- Resume writing tips for applicants
- And More!