San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
*For families who live with an individual with a disability
A one day conference that assists families in navigating a complex system.
REGISTER ONLINE AT: www.ontheroadconferenceokc.eventbrite.com
Sooner SUCCESS • Oklahoma Department of Human Services/Developmental Disabilities Services Division (OKDHS/DDSD)•Oklahoma PTA•Oklahoma Disability Law Center
Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013
Francis Tuttle Technology Center, 7301 W. Reno Ave, Oklahoma City, OK,73127. 405.717.7799.
Agenda Morning Session
8:00am-8:30am Registration (Light Breakfast) and Welcome
· Sooner SUCCESS- How your county coordinator can help families navigate the system for services.
· Partners and Policy Making – Learn in 9 months how to be an advocacy expert for your family member and yourself.
· Make Promises Happen Camp-
Respite for the family and fun for the family member with a disability
· Community Guide/Person- How to use the community guide in navigating eligibility of services.
· TEFRA- Medicaid for children with disabilities- only the child’s income is counted.
· SSI/DCP- Social Security/Disabled Children’s program.
· DDSD Waiting list- Learn about quarterly meetings to address waiting list issues.
· TARC – Find a support group, learn to be a guardian, or join the OK Aim team.
· Ok Autism-Services and support groups.
· DSACO- Support groups for accessing services and support
· Person- Centered Story- Learn how a person-centered story can change a family member’s life..
· Oklahoma People First- Empowering Self Advocates
· Oklahoma PTA- Partnership with State PTA and Special Education
Break 10:25am-10:35 am
· 10:35am-11:00am- Assistive Technology presentation/Oklahoma ABLE Tech
· 11:00am-11:45am- Overview of Developmental Disabilities Services Division/DDSD
LUNCH (provided) 12:00pm- 12:30pm; 12:30pm to 1:00pm- AT Demonstration at lunch.
1:00 pm to 3:00pm- State and Local Q and A Panel
· Oklahoma Family Network- Become a family mentor to a family who has a child with a disability.
· Oklahoma State Department of Ed/Special Education -- Special Ed Overview
· Department of Rehabilitation Services - Job information for your family member who has a disability.
· ODMHSAS-Mental Health Wrap Around- Learn how wrap around can change the life of the family and person who has a mental Illness.
· Okla City Public Schools-Transition 14-22
· Okla. Disability Law Center/PEAPOD - (ODLC) – Learn parents rights under IDEA.
· Okla. Parents Center-(OPC) - Trainings to learn to be a better advocate for your child.
· Native American Parent Center- Outreach to Native American families who have a child with a disability.
Spanish Interpretation Available upon Request.
Register below or go online to register at
- -" - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --------------------------------------------------------
Sally Selvidge Lori Wathen
Family Outreach Coordinator, Sooner SUCCESS Oklahoma County Coordinator, Sooner SUCCESS
940 NE 13TH ST. STE.4900 940 NE 13th ST, STE, 4900
Oklahoma City, OK 73104 Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Cell- 405.812.5076/FAX 405.271.2931 Cell- 405.642.1507/FAX 405.271.2931
Questions? Call Sally or Lori at 1-877-441-0434 or email them at
When & Where
Informational conference for families who live with a person who has a disability.