San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Old World & New World Wine: Styles, Traditions & Tastes
Thursday, September 18
8:00 – 9:00 PM
$35 per person
Since the famous Judgment of Paris occurred in 1976, an ongoing debate has endured: Which is better, Old World wine or New World wine? The Old World has centuries of tradition and experimentation on its side while the New World has the latest technologies. During this class, we will remove all preconceptions that one might have about which style of wine is better. We will discuss the differences in winemaking traditions, regulations, and philosophies that influence winemaking in different regions. Along the way, you will taste six wines blind, appreciate their strengths, and explore their differences. In the end, you might just find something to love about the Old and the New and be surprised by which wines you like best!
- Six wines will be tasted – three New World and three Old World.
- Artisanal cheeses will be served.
- Discounts available for wines tasted in the class that you’d like to take home!
- This is a seated wine tasting class. Space is limited. Don’t wait to sign up!
Old Wold & New World Wines is part of the DC Wine Week Summer School Series.
DCanter’s Cancellation Policy:
- Cancellations by attendees are allowed up to 48 hours prior to the class/event start time to receive full refund.
- Cancellations made by attendees within 48 hours of the class/event will be charged in full.
- If the Federal Government or the DC Public School system announces an unplanned closure, DCanter will reschedule the class.
- Attendees will receive an email notifying them of the cancellation, date and time of rescheduled class, and any other necessary information.
When & Where
DCanter - A Wine Boutique
DCanter is a Washington, DC boutique specializing in small production wines, craft beer, and community wine & beer education. Come visit and find something delicious!
545 8th Street SE, Washington DC 20003