ONLY 1 DAYS REMAINING IN THE
Summer Treasure Hunt
Everyone can be a winner in the OKWU $5,000.00 Summer Treasure Hunt contest. Sponsored by Adult & Graduate Studies.
Play alone or get others to sign up and play together. Summer fun for the whole family!
Discounts or gifts for all who play. One lucky winner will win a FlipVideo. One lucky winner an i-Pod Touch. And one Grand Prize winner will receive a $5,000.00 tuition discount to attend Oklahoma Wesleyan University. This game is for all ages. The Grand Prize can be used by High School graduates headed to college for the first time, or adult students returning to college. There is plenty of time to play the game. The Grand Prize drawing will not take place until the week of August 22, 2011.
This is the coolest scavanger/treasure hunt contest of the summer. Using one of the newest scanning technologies available on smart phones, like i-Phone and Droid, this contest brings the scavanger hunt to a new level. More like a treasure hunt, players using the QR scanner on their smart phone will be provided clues to the next location to aquire the next QR code until all QR codes are scanned. See sample QR code below.
You must complete the OKWU Summer Treasure Hunt Registration form to enter the contest. You must be registered to play and win any prizes.
EASY TO PLAY, EASY TO WIN...
How to Play:
1) Register to play and win at this website. You must have an email address to play. Or, register in person at the OKWU Tulsa Centre.
2) After you register to play, you will receive by email a thank you for playing and a clue to find the next QR code in the hunt (there are a total of 5). Each game QR code will be on a poster mounted near the entrance of a participating business (Game Host). Those without a QR smartphone scanner can still play. With each game QR code there is also a web address (URL) that can be used with any computer Internet Browser to find the QR codes and clues.
Example of what to look for on the treasure hunt:
3) Once you correctly guess the location of the next QR, go there and locate the QR poster and scan it with your smart phone (hints provided as needed). You will receive an email with an Entry Ticket for the QR you just found. This Entry Ticket also wins you a small-prize from this Game Host, just for playing the game. Keep following the clues until you collect all 7 QR code Entry Tickets.
4) The object of the game is to collect all 7 QR codes at each of the Game Hosts over the 5 weeks of the contest. Players must collect all 7 QR codes to be in the Grand Prize drawing. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER QR PER PLAYER ALLOWED!*
6) Good luck and good hunting. Please see the game rules below.
1) Everyone wins Small-Prize(s). All who register to play will receive a coupon, discount or gift certificate for finding the location of each QR code. Register each QR in the game and win instantly! List of possible prizes: free TASM logo balsa wood airplane, 1 Free attraction at Incredible Pizza with purchase of buffet at entry, Free Chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-A, Buy one get one Free Zoo admission, and buy one get one free go karts or bowling at AndyB.
2) Mid-way prize - Halfway through the game there will be a drawing for a FlipVideo valued at $190.00. All players who have aquired all the available QR code tickets at this stage of the contest will be in the drawing for the FlipVideo.
3) End prize - In the final week of the contest all who have aquired all of the QR code tickets will be in a drawing for an i-Touch valued at $280.00.
4) Treasure Chest Key winners - At the same time as the End-Prize drawing 5 additional random drawings will be held to select 5 finalist for the Grand Prize. These finaliest will draw for 1 of 5 keys. One of these keys will open the OKWU Summer Treasure Chest and win the Grand Prize.
1) You must register online at this site to entry and play the game. If you do not have access to a smart phone or computer with Internet you may come to the Oklahoma Wesleyan University - Tulsa Centre during regular business hours and register on a computer there. This is your first QR entry.
2) *ONLY ONE ENTRY PER QR PER PLAYER ALLOWED! This would be a total of 8 entry registrations: 1 for registering here at this site to play the game and 7 more - one per QR at each Game Host. If a player enters more than once at any QR code they forfeit winning any prizes.
3) If a player is found to act fraudulently (cheating) during the playing of the this game they will be ejected from the game and forfeit winning any prizes.
4) There is no age limit on who can enter; however, contestants under age 18 must have the permission of their parents or guardian to play. You must be 18 years of age or older with a state issued photo I.D. to collect a prize for yourself or for your minor child.
5) You must be able to be reached through your contact information provided at registration within 72 hours of winning or you will forfeit the prize.
6) Current Oklahoma Wesleyan University students, staff and faculty and their immediate family members are not eligible to win the Mid-way, End Prize or Grand Prize. They are eligible for Small-Prizes provided by Game Hosts.
7) The small-prize give-a-ways are provided at the discretion of the participating Game Host businesses, for scanning the QR code at their participating clue location. The Game Host reserves the right to stop playing the OKWU Summer Treasure Hunt game at any time without notice.
8) Oklahoma Wesleyan University (OKWU) does not assume any liability for the small-prize give-a-ways provided by the Game Hosts. Additionally, if a Game Host chooses to stop playing the game prior to its scheduled end, OKWU will not be expected to provide any substitute for the loss of this small-prize give-a-way to those that may still be playing the game.
9) Should a Game Host opt out and stop playing the game, OKWU reserves the right to modify accordingly the number of QRs required for entry into the Grand Prize.
10) One lucky person will win the FlipVideo. A drawing for the FlipVideo will happen on August 5, 2011. Only those who have registered and collected at least the first 3 Game Host QRs will be in this drawing.
11) One lucky person will win the i-Touch. A drawing for the i-Touch will happen the week of August 22, 2011. Only those who have registered and collected all 5 Game Host QR codes will be in this drawing.
12) One Grand Prize winner of a $5,000.00 tuition discount or scholarship, to be determined by enrollment status at Oklahoma Wesleyan University. A drawing for the Grand Prize will take place the week of August 22, 2011.
13) The Grand Prize is transferrable to others in the nuclear family. Nuclear family is defined by the Webster's Dictionary online as: a family group that consists only of father, mother, and children.
14) Oklahoma Wesleyan University and those providing small-prizes may choose at any time to change the prize(s) being offered, with exception of the $5,000.00 Grand Prize tuition discount. Prizes have no cash value and cannot be traded for cash. In the event a prize is not collected by the winner within 5 working days, the prize will be forfeited. A new winner will be selected. The process will repeat until all prizes have been awarded.
15) Winners of the Mid-way Prize, the End Prize and the Grand Prize will be selected by random drawing. These winners are the final decision of Oklahoma Wesleyan University.
16) Oklahoma Wesleyan University and the Game Hosts providing prizes assume no liability or warranty for the prizes given away. Prizes become the sole responsibility of the winner.
17) Oklahoma Wesleyan University and the Game Hosts assume no liability for typos and misprints that may occur during this game.
18) Oklahoma Wesleyan University and the Game Hosts assume no liability for any digital or Internet hacking or fraud to players that might occur during this game.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.