Actions and Detail Panel
Fri, October 6, 2017, 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM CDT
Naper Settlement hosts Oktoberfest on Friday, October 6 (5-10 p.m.); Saturday, October 7 (noon to 10 p.m.); and Sunday, October 8, 2017 (noon to 5 p.m.)
Be part of an annual autumn event that celebrates our community’s heritage. Under our large heated tent, enjoy live musical entertainment ranging from classic German oompah music to classic rock, along with German beer and cuisine. On Saturday and Sunday afternoons (noon to 4 p.m.), family friendly activities including touring several of the historic buildings on the grounds will be available.
Oktoberfest is an outdoor, all-weather event held under a large heated tent on the grounds. All ticket sales are final, no refunds or exchanges.
All items brought into the grounds (including, without limitation, bags, backpacks, purses, strollers, etc.) are subject to search upon entry or re-entry.
Can I bring in my own food? Will food be available? No outside food or beverages are permitted. However, there will be food and beverage vendors onsite for the duration of the event. Please check our event website to see a complete list of vendors.
Is your site ADA Accessible?
- Yes, Naper Settlement makes every effort to offer you a variety of accessibility options in which to participate in the museum and event experience. While navigation of the grounds is available on paved pathways, some event elements are set up on grassy areas. For each special event, there are designated ADA viewing areas. Where possible, we request that patrons who require ADA accommodations contact us at least 2 weeks before a special event, so we can ensure the best overall experience
- Many of the historic buildings have ramps and/or lifts to provide access. However, due to the historic nature, some of the buildings have limited accessibility.
Are dogs allowed at the event? Only Service Dogs are permitted.
Is there anything I am not permitted to bring to the event? Please do not bring any of the following items:
- Outside food or beverages, including, but not limited to, coolers, picnic baskets, etc.
- Bicycles, scooters, or inline skates
- Pets (Service animals are permitted)
- Tents, umbrellas over six feet in diameter, canopies of any size,
- Anything that needs to be staked into the ground.
- Weapons. Laser Pointers, Drones
- Personal stereos
- Signs larger than 8.5 X 11
Things I should know about the event? The Oktoberfest event program will be available on September 6 on our website at: Naper Settlement - Oktoberfest 2017
- Some performances may include haze, aromatics, strobe lights and/or other special effects.
Are my tickets good for all event days? TICKETS are only good for date of purchase - not all event days. Dated tickets may not be exchanged.
What are my parking options for the event? There is no-fee parking available in several locations around Naper Settlement, including on-street, parking garages at the northeast corner of Aurora Avenue & Webster Street, and the corner of South Webster Street and Porter Avenue.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions? Please contact Naper Settlement at 630.420.6010 or email@example.com for more information about the Oktoberfest event and tickets.
What's the refund policy? Oktoberfest is an outdoor, all-weather event. All ticket sales are final, no refunds or exchanges.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event? Yes. Please bring your tickets.
Are there ATMs onsite? There will be an ATM onsite for all special events.
Is smoking permitted? Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas.