HARRIET B. ALEXSON, ESQ.
Ms. Alexson will address the legal and business considerations for entities and investors who wish to own or invest in financial institutions. She will include a discussion of “cutting-edge” strategic combination between market place lenders, fintech companies and regulated financial services companies in the mortgage finance industry. Ms. Alexson will also spend a portion of the presentation on final Consumer Financial Protection Bureau rules and the impact of such rules on real estate finance.
Ms. Alexson is a partner at AlexsonLaw in Orange County, California representing clients in all aspects of:
- Business counsel and documentation
- Property acquisition
- Regulatory Banking and FINTECH
- Loan documentation
Areas of Financial Services Expertise
Ms. Alexson has comprehensive knowledge of corporate, real estate, and commercial law and banking.
- Corporate transactions
- Commercial financing transactions
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Finance and private equity for the financial services and real estate industries
- Marketplace Lending
- D., University of Southern California Law Center, 1983
- A., B.S. Boston University
Professional experience and memberships:
- Admitted to practice of law in California, 1983
- Adjunct Professor, Western State University College of Law, 1992 – 1993
- Taught commercial law and real estate transactions
Orange County Bar Association Banking and Lending Section Chair in 2013
American Bar Association-Business Section-Real Estate Finance Sub-committee
California Mortgage Bankers Assoc.-Legal Services and Commercial Real Estate Committees.
Ms. Alexson is a former partner with the international law firm of Loeb & Loeb. She also practiced at Buchalter Nemer. Currently, she serves as an expert witness in cases related to commercial and real estate lending.
Ms. Alexson enjoys Pilates, hiking and cooking gluten-free food.