Join as we continue our exploration of great schools to learn from right here in Oakland.
On February 2nd we'll visit:
- Yu Ming Charter School, Oakland's only Mandarin Immersion Bilingual Program where we'll talk to school leader Sue Park about the school's staffing and leadership model that is designed to support both a growing school and academic excellent
- Oakland International High School where we'll have the opportunity to learn about how this Oakland Pulbic School is designed exclusively around the needs of newcomers
In addition to these focus areas, you'll see two schools that are continuously working to serve their communities and to provide an excellent education to their students, and to powerfully collaborate with their families and community.
Draft agenda for the day includes:
- 7:45 Arrive at YuMing (1086 Alcatraz Avenue) for introductions and overview of the day
- 8:15 Observations
- 9:15 Debrief with Yu Ming staff
- 9:45 Travel to Oakland International High School at 4521 Webster
- 10:15 Overview by School Leader
- 10:30 Observations
- 11:30 Lunch and debrief with staff
Join us for a look into two very successful and important schools within Oakland's diverse educational ecosystem.