Join as we continue our exploration of great schools to learn from right here in Oakland.
On January 5th we'll visit:
- Lighthouse Community Charter School's K-12 Flagship campus where we'll focus on how their "All In" partnership model with Seneca Center helps them to serve and support all students
- Acorn Woodland, one of Oakland's first small autonomous schools, and the place where a large number of transformational Oakland school leaders were developed and mentored
In addition to these focus areas, you'll see two schools that are continuously working to serve their communities and to provide an excellent education to their students, and to powerfully collaborate with their families and community.
Draft agenda for the day includes:
- 7:45 Arrive at Lighthouse (444 Hagenberger Road) for introductions and overview of the day
- 8:15 Observations
- 9:15 Debrief with Lighthouse staff
- 9:45 Travel to AcornWoodland @ 1025 81st Avenue, Oakland, CA 94621
- 10:15 Overview by School Leader
- 10:30 Observations
- 11:30 Lunch and debrief with staff
Join us for a look into two very successful and important schools within Oakland's diverse educational ecosystem.