Actions and Detail Panel
#OAKSDL Design Workout: Exploring & Prototyping Your Educational Model (edu...
Thu, March 30, 2017, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM PDT
Thia is session 2 of a four part inquiry arc. The inquiry arc is designed to help fellows and their design teams to accomplish one or more of the following:
- Prototype a graduate profile that drives the education program and systems of the school
- Prototype a powerful education model that is aligned to the aspirations and values your mission, vision, and graduate profile
- Deepen your education model by working to further research this key lever or aspect of your education program and think through its implications and the conditions that will enable your to effectively execute on this model
These session can be attended in a full series or in their individual, component parts.
In this, the second session of the inquiry arc, participants will build from their graduate profile prototyping work to explore and prototype a clear and powerful educational model that will drive the next steps in your design procress.
In this session you will:
- Explore and understand various education models (common core and rigor-aligned instruction, personalized learning, linked learning, dual language, traditional/college-prep, balanced literacy, and the elements of deeper learning e.g. Project-Based Learning, Expeditionary Learning, Maker/Design Thinking Approaches, Advisory, etc)
- Build from your mission, vision, and graduate profiles to identify the 2-4 most powerful curricular/instructional levers for achieving your mission
- Leave with a protoype of your educational model (to date) and a set of resources that will help you to learn more
- Create a clear set of next steps for further developing your educational model (site visits, research, PD plans, etc.) and associated hacks/pilots