Oakland Reads 2020 Symposium
Monday, June 17, 2013 from 8:30 AM to 2:00 PM (PDT)
Third Grade Reading Success Matters!
A Vision for 2020
READING BY THIRD: What will it take to double reading achievement in our city by the year 2020?
Join partners from across the city as we:
- Build upon a common agenda for grade-level reading success.
- Share examples of successful cross-sector collaborations already underway to support grade-level reading.
- Generate specific actions our city can take to dramatically improve grade-level reading by the end of third grade.
- The Honorable Jean Quan, Mayor, City of Oakland
- Ralph Smith, Managing Director, National Campaign for Grade Level Reading; Senior Vice President, Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Tony Smith, Superintendent, Oakland Unified School District