San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Sustainable Business Alliance and Oakland Grown
The first of a fun series of scavenger hunts
to discover great Oakland neighborhoods!
Compete with other neighborhood teams and win prizes
from local indie businesses, like
$25 Tickets include Locally-Sourced Food* & Drinks from start to end!
BREAKFAST AT START
Hive the Place to Bee
Freshly-made local pastries
Fresh Indie Coffee
LUNCH AT END
Communite Table Fresh
Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya w/cornbread
Macaroni & Cheese for adults & kids!
Locally-brewed Beer or Wine
Fresh Lemonade or Iced Tea
Virgils Cream Soda or Root Beer
*Vegan option available, but please email us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org so we can prepare accordingly.
WHEN AND WHERE
- 9 - 10am Event check-in, organizing teams of 2-6 and explanation of indie scavenger hunt. Start the day with #indiecoffee, tea or juice - Come at 8:30am to mix & mingle!
- 10 - 1pm Solve clues to learn the rich history of the Laurel and Dimond indie landscapes while you scavenge, explore, and take memorable pictures with your team!
- 1 - 3pm After Party: Scoring by the judges while we celebrate the new and old treasures you discovered in Oakland with delicious local treats
Take your map. Follow the clues. Discover hidden gems. Snap photos and share!
- To provide a fun day of discovery for all of you who love Oakland! To celebrate and thank you for shopping consciously and supporting indie businesses!
REGISTRATION AND DETAILS
- No tickets at the door so please Register Online Here!
- Register as an individual and you can team up in one of 3 ways:
- Create a team and recruit team members online
- Join a team online or
- Join a team on the day of the event at the check-in table
- Register as teams of 2-6!
- Each team will need one smartphone to capture pictures and video. (We can make accommodations for teams who do not have access to a smartphone)
- Teams will have 3 hours to accumulate as many points as possible through a variety of fun activities on the indie scavenger hunt map
- Costumes and creativity encouraged!!!
WITH SUPPORT FROM
When & Where
Sustainable Business Alliance + Oakland Grown
The Sustainable Business Alliance (SBA) is a business association committed to building a vibrant community of locally-owned, sustainably-minded businesses in the East Bay.
SBA’s vision is for an East Bay network of business, community residents, and government engaged in actions that benefit the local economy, social equity, the environment, and quality of life for current and future generations. We do this through:
- Providing our members with opportunities for networking, business development, and learning best practices for operating sustainably.
- Educating the public on the benefits of local living economies and encouraging residents and businesses to spend locally.
- Supporting public policy changes that advance sustainable economic development, through our affiliation with the American Sustainable Business Council.
Oakland Grown is a program of the Sustainable Business Alliance.
Oakland Grown's mission is to build an economy by the people, of the people and for the people of Oakland.
Our Members are a diverse community of over 700 local businesses, social enterprises, artisans, and service providers.