Actions and Detail Panel
NYC School of Data 2017
Sat, March 4, 2017, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST
New York City School of Data is a community conference showcasing NYC’s civic design, civic/government technology, and open data ecosystem.
Through TEN thought provoking sessions and THIRTEEN small group workshops, this year’s conference asks for your help in improving community resources, and challenges you to build a collective future.
Join us and others around the world on Saturday, 4 March, for International Open Data Day to demystify technology, policy, data, and celebrate New York City’s inaugural Open Data Week!
Registration: $30, this includes breakfast, lunch, snacks, and covers facilities charges. Ticket sales cover the event’s production costs. We have currently received inquiries for all the volunteer and hardship tickets that we can accommodate. Next week, we may open up additional volunteer opertunies / hardship tickets. Please follow us on @betanyc or @NYCsoData on twitter to see if additional tickets become available.
Thanks to generous support from Socrata, we are able to provide free, on-site childcare from Sitters Studio.
Featured panels include:
- Algorithmic Discrim-innovation
- Future of Community Wireless
- New York City's Public Library Branches: Networked Infrastructure for Civic Engagement
- Demystifying Civic Service Design
- It Was The Best of Transit Data, It Was The Worst of Transit Data
- Affordable Housing Advocacy & Data
- Data Refuge, a conversation on saving climate science data with Mozilla Science and Public Labs
Featured workshops include:
- Open Data API 101 with Socrata
- Open Leadership Workshop with Mozilla
- Beyond Visualizations with Carto
- Open data in context workshop with Enigma
- Interactive workshop on exploring bias in algorithms with NYC Department of Education
- New NYC Open Data Website - How we did it & How you can help by NYC DoITT
- NYC Facilities explorer with NYC Dept of City Planning
- Is a hackathon right for your organization with NYC Mayor’s Office of Technology and Innovation and DevPost
- Public Benefits Data Workshop with Mayor's Office of Operations
- “ULURP and you" with Manhattan Borough President’s Office
- Manhattan Borough President Gale A. Brewer
- Mayor’s Office of Data Analytics
- Mayor’s Office of Technology and Innovation
- NYC Open Data
- NYC Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications
- Silicon Harlem
- International Open Data Day
This year’s NYC School of Data is possible thanks to our partnership with Rise New York. Rise New York is a global community of startups and corporates creating the future of commerce and fintech by helping startups and entrepreneurs connect, co-create, and scale innovation. In partnership with Barclays, we listen, nurture and oxygenate through our international network of Rise hubs. Rise New York also houses a world-class event space and is home to the U.S. cohort of the Barclays Accelerator, powered by Techstars.
All tickets are final.