The NYC Famine Hackathon is a project of the 50/50: Make or Break Initiative to raise £1 million for UNICEF's efforts to provide aid to famine refugees in East Africa. To achieve this goal, the 50/50 platform was built to launch 50 fundraising projects in 50 days. 10 projects are already active - we hope to develop at least 5 (or 10!) more fundraising projects here in NYC, over the course of one weekend.
Our project page is up! Check it out here.
Friday, September 23
- 6:00pm - open
- 6:30pm - welcome & presentations by sponsors Grind & AppFirst
- 7:00pm - API demos by - Foursquare & Etsy
- 8:00pm - Pitch ideas & form teams
- 10:00pm - close
Saturday, September 24
- 9:00am - open & breakfast : bagel spread courtesy of Bergen Bagel
- 10:30am - Lean Startup Machine workshop
- 12:00pm - Lunch courtesy of Le Bagel Delight
- 4:00pm - Teams to check-in
- 6:00pm - Dinner courtesy of Blue Smoke
- 9:00pm - close
Sunday, September 25
- 9:00am - open & breakfast: bagel spread courtesy of Bergen Bagel
- 12:00pm - Check-in with mentors & lunch
- 4:30pm - Presentations!
- 6:00pm - close
Brought to you by...
When & Where
NYC Famine Hackathon
The Difference Engine, AppFirst and Grind are partnering to bring you the NYC Famine Hackathon.
Our sole purpose is to facilitate the development of at least 5 projects to help raise funds for East Africa - in one weekend.
"50/50 is a collaborative experiment, a platform of 50 little bets: digital projects created and run by individuals and teams of makers. Each project aims to engage a network of supporters to help spread the word and generate as much money for famine aid as possible.