NubAbility #dontneed2 Winter Camp In Florida
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
3rd Annual NubAbility #dontneed2 Winter Camp In Florida
Hosted by the Minnesota Twins & Lawless Crossfit!
December 29 & 30 Ft. Myers FL. for #dontneed2 athletes ages 4-17
$50 per limb-different athlete
$50 per *sibling athlete
*(SIBLINGS MUST HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE FIRST GRADE TO PARTICIPATE)
This year we are expanding our offerings to include the following sports!
Travel & Check-In on the 28th and out the 31.
Lodging is being negotiated. Extend your stay if you'd like before or after.
REGISTRATION LINK WILL BE LAUNCHED WEDNESDAY EVENING! Make sure you LIKE and FOLLOW this page!
No limb-different youth athlete is ever turned away for inability to cover camp fees.
We will follow up your registration with an email and a phone call.
We will ask that you "OPT" in to our Camp Info Text Messaging Service by texting the code word we provide you to our text service #. This is how we will send you updated information.
GET EXCITED!! This year is going to be BIG!!!
THE FOLLOWING IS A TENTATIVE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS. BEGINNING & ENDING TIMES WILL BE THE SAME. We are working on sponsorship for some meals. If that happens we will let registrants know accordingly.
DAY 1 Session 1: Soccer, Baseball/Softball
Hammond Stadium Training Facility
14100 Ben C Pratt/6 Mile Cypress Parkway
Ft. Myers, FL 33912
- Bring all ball/soccer equipment. Wear cleats/spikes. Bring extra change of clothes. We will slide. Ball pants are recommended to bring for this.
- 9:00 Check in at Hammond Stadium
- 9:30 Intros & Stretching begin for both sports
- 10:00 Participants are broken into groups by age/skill level and their coaches will take them to the location of their FOCUS SPORT sessions.
- 12:30 Pizza Lunch (Complimentary) on site.
- 12:45 Coachivation! Coaches, including Minnesota Twins Head Pitching Coach Coordinator and former MLB Player, Eric Rasmussen MOTIVATE!
- NubAbility Head Coach Sam Kuhnert, Head Softball Coach Hayden Filson Thompson will lead the ball sessions along with other NubAbility Coaches & volunteers .
- Upper and Lower Limb-different athletes as coaches will lead the soccer sessions. Names to be announced soon.
- Youth with upper limb-differences will focus on glove transfers, batting stances and defensive maneuvers in ball. In soccer they will focus on goal tending and fundamental soccer play.
- Those with lower limb-differences will work on agility, footwork and batting stances in ball. In soccer, they will work on speed, angles, agility, dribbling & passing.
- Of course, SCORING is covered in EVERYTHING we teach!
- All athletes will be instructed according to their adaptive need on how to take their game to the next level in areas including pitching, hitting and fielding.
- Siblings meet with Coach Tucker Kuhnert, Sibling Program Director from 10:00-11:00
- Siblings will integrate after the first hour in the sports they signed up for.
Day 1 Session 2: Soccer Baseball/Softball
- Athletes switch from Ball to Soccer or vice versa if not in ALL DAY Ball or Soccer.
- 3:00 pm Parade of Champs & Awards for Soccer and Ball
Day 1 Session 3: Hoops 4:30-6:30 pm
- Check in at 4:30
- Hoops Sessions with NubAbility Head Basketball Coaches Zach Hodskins & Whitney Harris and their team of coaches.
- Offensive skills such as dribbling on the drive, using the nub to dribble if upper different, shooting and passing.
- Defensive skills such as moving the feet, stealing passes, guarding, and rebounding.
- 6:30 Dismissal. Dinner Location will be announced for group dining, however each family will be responsible for their own meal.
Day 2 Session 4: Strong Camp (Strength, Speed, Agility, Flex, PE Skills)
- Check in at 9:00
- Strong Camp Location:
Lawless CrossFit Gym
16520 Tamiami Trail #112
Ft. Myers, FL 33908
- Sessions begin at 9 sharp!
- Session will be from 9:00-11:30
- Wear clean gym/running shoes and/or blades(if you have them).
- Wear comfortable workout clothes.
- Bring any adaptive equipment you already have.
- Head Coach, Dave Newkirk- Strong Camp
- Head Coach Dorian Willes- Running Program
- Participants are broken up into small age groups.
- Evaluation & instruction on muscle symmetry
- Evaluation & Instruction of Speed
- Rotation will be among skills with over 15 NubAbility Coaches instructing.
- If athlete has a running blade, please bring it. If not, please still attend.
- Upper limb-different athletes are also expected to participate in the running camp.
Day 2 Session 6:
- Rotations Continue until 1:30
- 1:30 Camp Wide Obstacle Course and Funpetitions!
- 2:30 Camp Awards, Photos and Q&A
- Dismiss @3 for Yoga for all!
- Water and Powerade will be provided.
Day 2 Session 7: 4:00-5:00 Yoga at Ruby & Pearls Yoga Studio
100 Plantation Park Court (off of Daniels)
- Sam's Aunt, Heather Holland, owner will lead the entire group of kids and parents in a restorative adaptive yoga class at her studio.
- Learn how yoga benefits atheltes like the Minnesota Twins, who are all clients of Heather!
- Restore your body and mind after 2 days of grueling physical activity.
- Parents get to CHILL too!
6:30 p.m. Coaches will be eating supper on a beach. We are trying to organize a special cookout or meal. Location will be announced at camp. You are welcome to join us. We are looking for a meal sponsor. If we don't find one, we will still have the dinner.
THIS SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. We will inform you if it does. Start/Stop Times will remain the same.
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR FEES:
- EMAIL: email@example.com with your limb-different youth’s story and why the fees at the #dontneed2 Winter Camp will be a hardship on you. We have some gas scholarships available for travel.
- At this time we have a few lodging scholarships or host lodging available. You MUST indicate in your email how this is a hardship for you.
TRAVEL & LODGING:
- Affordable lodging: We have negotiated a crazy low price for Ft. Myers during PEAK season at the beautifully decorated Spring Hill Suites. Each room is a 2 bed + Sectional that converts to a bed. Sleeps 6! $125 per night TAX FREE! To book this lodging, we must collect your room payment prior to Dec. 1 and then we pay the hotel. That's the only way to not be charged tax! Simply choose the lodging option during the registration process if you want to pay with your card. To avoid fees, you may send us a check for $375 for 3 nights lodging.
- Resort Lodging: We have a negotiated rate with our Event Liason, Jeannie Cummings, at the Hyatt Coconut Point Resort in Bonita Springs! To book you MUST book this through her by texting or calling 239-938-6516 Her rates are more than $100 off Peak Season Rates. This property is a beauty! overlooks the water. It has a water taxi to the beach and a water park on property with a lazy river! Rates begin at $309 per night.Check it out: https://coconutpoint.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
- If you fly in, do so by Dec 28th and Fly out on the 31st. Ft. Myers has an airport RSW but you will most likely find cheaper flights flying in to Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Etc. and renting a car to drive the remainder of the way. Allegiant Air flies in to Punta Gorda also!
Watch your emails for information from info@NubAbility.org we might be asking for further information or giving you more details about this 2-day-sweat-inducing-courage-building-skill-gaining event! Make sure you have accepted the invitation to JOIN NubAbility Secret Facebook Camp Page. Message Jana Kaye Kuhnert on Facebook if you are not a member. She will add you within a few days of getting your registration as per your request. We are looking forward to serving each youth athlete and assist them along on their journey of discovering courage and confidence through sport. Please feel free to reach out at anytime extra motivation or encouragement is needed! Help us out and find more kids to serve. LIKE, SHARE & RT us on facebook.com/NubAbility, Follow us on Twitter @NubAbilityAthletics and Follow us on IG @NubAbility
WE are EXCITED about an AMAZING 3rd Annual Winter Camp with the Minnesota Twins.
Expect BIG things and GOOD things to happen! Remain AWESOME!
"I will not allow your perception of my limits, limit my detemination to crush your pity and replace it with your respect of my ability to compete!" Coach Sam Kuhnert, Founder of NubAbility Athletics Foundation