San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Alexandria Virginia chapter of the Business Executives Networking Group (BENG) is a multidiscipline, independent group of job seekers, those currently employed and business networkers, who are willing to help others. Current membership includes mid to senior level executives with over ten (10) years of business experience. Attendees have come from the financial management, information technology, legal, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, logistics, distribution and general management industries. We actively seek new members from all disciplines.
BENG provides its members with:
- A supportive atmosphere of high-value, face-to-face networking opportunities
- Relevant professional contacts for the unemployed, employed and self-employed
- An emotionally supportive environment for those in career transition
- Education and assistance for those members desiring to build, maintain or expand their professional network
Networking meetings provide members with an opportunity to sharpen their networking skills, meet peers from various disciplines and share business opportunities and job leads.
WE WILL HOLD A SEAT FOR THE FIRST 20 PEOPLE THAT RSVP THEIR ATTENDANCE. If you ask us to hold a seat for you, please make every effort to attend.
How it works:
1. Each participant delivers an "elevator speech" letting the group know what type of job or specific business connection you are seeking
2. The other participants share leads, connections and suggestions.ach participant delivers an "elevator speech" letting the group know what type of job or specific business connection you are seeking
What to bring to each meeting:
1. Bring 20 copies of a ONE-PAGER -- a single piece of paper -- featuring job history, skills, objectives and contact info. If you distribute this page at the start of your presentation, fellow attendees are much better able to deliver feedback and ideas.
2. Bring a “tent card” with your name to place in front of your seat (a folded 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper works great).
Originating in southern Pennsylvania, BENG is a voluntary association of business professionals founded on “Members Helping Members” for mutual benefit. Our dealings are based on honesty, good faith, and mutual respect. The Northern Virginia Chapter launched in October of 2013.
For more information about The BENG, go to www.thebeng.org.
When & Where
FranNet of Virginia
Your Meeting Facilitator Faizun Kamal
As a former Fortune 20 Executive, Faizun has 17+ years of experience in corporate, multinational, nonprofit & entrepreneurial settings on three continents. She is an expert in public policy development, corporate responsibility, social enterprise & crisis communications. Skilled in contextual intelligence, she has created new business opportunities by leveraging strategic alliances.
Conversant in multiple languages, she has been described as the “consummate connector”. Coming from an unusual mix of work background (World Bank, Johns Hopkins University, Verizon) and life experiences (growing up in Asia and Africa), Faizun is able to see patterns in seemingly unconnected things and forge connections in the most unlikely places. Deeply intuitive, she has forged alliances and brought together stakeholders who had never worked together before. As an acclaimed social entrepreneur, she has founded a company where doing good and doing well blend seamlessly to change lives.
Faizun received her BA in Women’s Studies and Environmental Studies from Mount Holyoke College. She holds a Master’s degree in Public Policy as well as a Master’s in Business Administration from the Johns Hopkins University. She is also a graduate of Stanford University’s acclaimed Social Entrepreneurship Program.