San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Nothin' But Sand monthly beach cleanups are a great opportunity for you and your family, friends or associates to get involved in giving back to the Bay. All you need to do is show up...and bring a bucket if possible.
Note: This is a rain or shine event. Cleanups are only cancelled for lightning or thunderstorms. We will still hold the cleanup in light and steady rain. In this case, please come prepared with a rain jacket, appropriate shoes, and an umbrella.
Wanna see the Olympic Games real close?
At our February Nothin’ But Sand beach cleanup, we’re teaming up with the Los Angeles 2024 Olympic bid initiative. Volunteering is at the heart of Heal the Bay. The Olympic & Paralympic Games wouldn’t be possible without amazing volunteers (who get to see all the Olympic action up close, how rad is that?).
Visit LA 2024's booth while you're at the February Nothin’ But Sand beach cleanup to see how you can support Los Angeles becoming the host city of the 2024 Olympic & Paralympic Games.
After the beach cleanup is the afterparty...
Immediately following this month's beach cleanup, our friends (and generous donors) at Gran Centenario have invited Heal the Bay volunteers to keep the good times going. They're throwing an afterparty for us at Cabo Cantina (21 and older), which is just a few steps from the Venice Pier. You'll get to taste some of their awesome tequila, hang with the Heal the Bay team, and get to know more about Gran Centenario's Angels on Earth program.
- Group Leaders: Only the group leader needs to register. If you are bringing a group of 20 or more, please email us so we can send you some helpful tips to make it easier for your group.
- All cleanup volunteers must have a signed waiver form.
- Bring cash if you plan to park in the lot (there is no discounted parking) or come early to find street metered parking.
- Volunteers 12 and younger must be accompanied by an adult. Volunteers under 18 must have a waiver signed by parent or guardian.
- Service hour forms will be signed by the beach captain at the end of the cleanup. We can not verify service hours after the event concludes.
- Please try to bring your own reusable garden gloves and bucket or reuse a washable tote bag from home. We will have small supply of reusable buckets and garden gloves if you forget.
- Please be prepared to be outside for 2-3 hours. Beach weather can be unpredictably hot or cold, so we recommend dressing in layers. We also encourage you to bring a filled reusable water bottle to stay hydrated, and to bring a snack in case you get hungry. Water is available at all cleanups.
- If you have any questions or concerns please call us at 800 HEAL BAY x148 or send us an email.
When & Where
Heal the Bay
Heal the Bay is an environmental nonprofit dedicated to making the coastal waters and watersheds of Greater Los Angeles safe, healthy and clean. To fulfill our mission, we use science, education, community action and advocacy.