San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
PR Writing Workshop in Kansas
Learn to get the word out via media relations in this PR-writing workshop
PR professionals have been married to the traditional news release format since Ivy Lee created the release more than 100 years ago. Why, then, do we need a new approach?
With 2,500 releases going out each day — that’s one every 35 seconds — the impact of your traditional news release ain’t what it used to be. In fact, more than half of all traditional press releases never get covered, according to PR Newswire’s own research.
In this PR writing workshop, you’ll learn current best practices from the Public Relations Society of America’s “national writing coach.” You’ll find out how to go beyond PR 101 approaches to write media relations pieces that get posted and published and reach stakeholders directly.
Specifically, you’ll learn to how to:
- Think Like a Reporter: Develop stories that readers want to read — and that media outlets want to run.
- Master the Anatomy of a News Release: Tap current best practices, from lead to boilerplate.
- Write Killer Bites: Turn lame-ass quotes into scintillating sound bites.
- Cut Through the Clutter in PR: Increase coverage, sharing and more with tight, bright releases.
- Lift Ideas Off the Release: Reach journalists, bloggers and readers with display copy.
- Optimize for Google and Humans: Master SEO for releases.
- Get a PR writing workout with Wylie: Take your release from 'meh' to masterpiece when you practice your new skills on your own work.
Registration starts at 8 a.m.
Select your VIP level
- Two days of training
- Lunch each day (Please do let us know about your dietary issues and aversions when you register)
- Coffee and tea each morning
- Workbook for capturing your ideas and insights
- Everything at the Silver level
- Plus $281.50 worth of Ann's learning tools:
Anatomy of a press release, a $127 value
- Clarify Complex Copy toolkit, a $127 value
Get Good at Getting the Goods handbook, a $27.50 value
Get $297 worth of additional learning tools for just $100:
- Everything at the Gold level
- 12-month subscription to Rev Up Readership, a $297 value
Get follow-up support — plus an exclusive conversation with Ann:
- Everything at the Platinum level
- A 30-minute one-on-one phone consult with Ann after the workshop (a $500 value)
Sorry: only 10 Diamond tickets available!
Q. What are some of the hotels nearby?
A. Hotels near the Master Class
Please contact hotels directly for room rates and booking.
Q. What about parking and driving directions?
A. Coming soon.
Q. Can I cancel my ticket if I can't make it?
A. Can’t make it? Please feel free to send a colleague in your place. No charge for substitutions. If you must cancel via email:
- by Sept. 16, 2017, and receive a full refund, minus a $50 handling fee.
- by Oct. 16, 2017, and receive a 75% refund.
- Sorry, no refunds after Oct. 16.
Q. Do you offer any discounts?
A. We have no doubt that the Master Class will be the best $1,200 you invest this year on your professional development. But here are six ways to reduce that investment or boost your return on it:
- Save $100 - book one of the 20 Early Bird tickets.
- Save $100 if you’re a PRSA member. (Join PRSA.) Save $100 if you’re a Rev Up Readership member. (Join Rev Up Readership.) Click “Enter promotional code”: Enter your promo code.
- Save $100 each when you bring two or more colleagues.
- Save $50 each when you bring one colleague.
- Earn a free, three-month Rev Up Readership subscription (or extension, if you’re already a member) — a $100 value — when you refer a friend who buys a ticket and attends the Master Class.
|VIP Level||Non-member||Rev Up Readership or PRSA member|
|Single||Double||3 or more||Single||Double||3 or more|
|Silver||Early Bird ticket||$1,095||$1,045||$995||$995||$945||$895|
|Gold||Early Bird ticket||$1,195||$1,145||$1,095||$1,095||$1,045||$995|
|Platinum||Early Bird ticket||$1,295||$1,245||$1,195||$1,195||$1,145||$1,095|
|Diamond||Early Bird ticket||$1,695||$1,645||$1,595||$1,595||$1,545||$1,495|
Q. Can I bring my writing sample to the workshop?
A. Yes, you can bring your writing samples to the workshop.
Q. Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
A. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to contact us.
Q. Can I update my registration information?
A. Yes, you can go to your ticket and update your registration information and dietary preferences.
Q. Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the workshop?
A. Yes, please carry a copy of the ticket to the workshop
Save This Event
When & Where
Ann Wylie works with communicators who want to reach more readers and with organizations that want to get the word out.