The Center for Joint Replacement offers two ongoing seminar options for those interested in learning more about joint pain and total hip/knee replacement surgery.
Our Arthritis Seminars are hosted by our Center for Joint Replacement Coordinator, Cheryl Nelson, RN. She will discuss arthritis of the hips and knees, anatomy of the hips and knees and available treatment options for arthritis of the hips and knees.
Our Joint Surgery Seminars are hosted by orthopedic surgeons who are part of Northwest Medical Center's Center for Joint Replacement program. Surgeons cover non-surgical treatment options for joint pain as well as total hip and/or total knee replacement surgery. They will discuss surgical techniques and what the surgery entails including the recovery process post-surgery.
- September 21: Dr. Edward Petrow*
Please note, Dr. Petrow will focus mainly on Total Hip Replacement (no knees)
- October 19: Dr. John Maltry*
- November 9: Arthritis Seminar with Cheryl Nelson, R.N., Center for Joint Replacement Coordinator
- November 16: Physician TBD
- January 4, 2017: Arthritis Seminar with Cheryl Nelson, R.N., Center for Joint Replacement Coordinator
*Physicians are independent members of the medical staff at Northwest Medical Center.