North Shore API is a chapter of Attachment Parenting International that works to support parents and caregivers from Bannockburn, Buffalo Grove, Deerfield, Fort Sheridan, Glencoe, Glenview, Highland Park, Kenilworth, Libertyville, Lincolnshire, Northbrook, Northfield, Riverwoods, Vernon Hills, Wilmette, and Winnetka.
When: Meetings occur on the fourth Thursday of each month from 10:30am-12:00pm.
Where: New Mother New Baby
3115 w Dundee Northbrook, IL
Who: Parents, grandparents, caregivers, and children of all ages are welcomed to attend.
What: Each meeting has a focus on one of the eight principles of attachment parenting in no particular order-
1. Preparing for pregnancy, birth, and parenting
2. Feeding with love and respect
3. Responding with sensitivity
4. Using nurturing touch
5. Ensuring safe sleep
6. Practicing positive discipline
7. Providing consistent and loving care
8. Striving for a balance between personal and family life
For more information on API, please visit attachmentparenting.org