Norfolk Walking Action Workshop
Saturday, March 2, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM (EST)
Want to help make Norfolk a better place to walk? Join us and learn about easy and low-cost tools for changing neighborhoods into safe and attractive places for people to walk to work, school or play!
This FREE 4-hour workshop will bring local leaders, community members and national walking experts together to learn about tools and programs available to make our community more walkable. This workshop is part of a national campaign by America Walks.
At this workshop you will be able to:
- Meet experts from America Walks
- Learn about effective strategies and tools you can use in your own community to increase walking
- Meet and network with other members of the Norfolk community who are interested in walking
- Help create an action plan for improving walking in Norfolk
- Take an active role in making Norfolk a better place to walk
This workshop is open to the public. Registration is required. To learn more, contact Katherine Goetz with the City of Norfolk at 757-664-4102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.