Nonprofit Strategic Planning II
NOTE: This is a continuation of the Strategic Planning I workshop.
2016-17 Nonprofit Management Workshop Series: Strategic Planning II
Location: 110 William Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10038
Strategic Planning is a reflective and collaborative process that lets you step back from day-to-day responsibilities and think about where you want to be in 3-5 years and what you need in order to get there. It results in a set of overarching goals with realistic strategies for achieving those goals. Total course hours: 1 session, half day (10am-1pm).
You will learn to:
- Draft a realistic action plan for accomplishing effective strategic planning
- Learn about best practices in strategic planning and how to articulate strategic questions to guide the process
- Assess their organization's internal strengths and weaknesses, external opportunities and threats, and how to use that information to shape strategies and goals
- Learn how to engage board, staff and other stakeholders in the planning process
- Business Improvement Districts
- Local Development Corporations
- Chambers of Commerce
- Merchants Association
- Other Community-based Development Organizations